ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

+12
farcemaster
David K
kp1089
Vault
dallascowboy76
nurges
White Knight
mikeD
Seeher
Scrawney
Kyle Loves SJ
alcazar
16 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Kyle Loves SJ Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:44 am

alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

100% true, I know I'm going to vote just as much.

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

But like I said, I support her on DWTS.

Have you ever thought that maybe her gymnastics career is over? She got to the top at 15/16, and now maybe wants to do something else, something a little less time-consuming, that might allow her to lead a more "normal" life............you know, like eat a Krispy Kreme donut without feeling guilty? Very Happy

Whatever, she deserves it. Wink

Yes, I understand, but Do you understand that here in America that's what we call a celebrity?

I don't want her to turn into a Hannah Montana.

lol
Kyle Loves SJ
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. - Page 2 Empty Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Kyle Loves SJ Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 am

kp1089 wrote:I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?

Same, and DWTS comes on March 9th, at 8 EST on ABC.

I have that on my calendar. lol!
Kyle Loves SJ
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 am

Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

Have you ever thought that maybe her gymnastics career is over? She got to the top at 15/16, and now maybe wants to do something else, something a little less time-consuming, that might allow her to lead a more "normal" life............you know, like eat a Krispy Kreme donut without feeling guilty? Very Happy

Yes, I understand, but Do you understand that here in America that's what we call a celebrity?

lol

Celebrity? Of course I understand, our papers, magazines and TV are all FULL of OUR so-called celebrities, (no offence to Shawn, but in the UK, you only need to be married to a top-flight footballer to be a "celebrity" and be given THOUSANDS of pound s a week to write columns on what YOU know about fashion Rolling Eyes )

So yes, I understand, and no I don't want her to become another Miley, Hilary, Jamie-Lynn or Britney Wink
What makes you think someone who has so far been so single-minded, so tough, so fiercely competetive, so mature........that that person is suddenly going to change into a diva?
I reckon no chance. WHATEVER Shawn wants to do will be OK, she'll do well at it. So long as SHE is happy, so ought we to be.

I don't think anyone needs worry about her turning into those others......after all, what talent have they, compare with Shawn? They are all manufactured celebrities.

Not being funny with you, OK? Stop worrying. She'll be OK Wink
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 am

Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
kp1089 wrote:I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?

Same, and DWTS comes on March 9th, at 8 EST on ABC.

I have that on my calendar. lol!

Do we have details of when the series finishes yet? I'll be working in France again over Easter, no internet connection, so unable to watch, vote etc Sad Sad Sad Sad
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 am

I've watched the British version a few times but never the American version, apparently they both use the same judges though
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:15 am

alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:

lol

Celebrity? Of course I understand, our papers, magazines and TV are all FULL of OUR so-called celebrities, (no offence to Shawn, but in the UK, you only need to be married to a top-flight footballer to be a "celebrity" and be given THOUSANDS of pound s a week to write columns on what YOU know about fashion Rolling Eyes )

So yes, I understand, and no I don't want her to become another Miley, Hilary, Jamie-Lynn or Britney Wink
What makes you think someone who has so far been so single-minded, so tough, so fiercely competetive, so mature........that that person is suddenly going to change into a diva?
I reckon no chance. WHATEVER Shawn wants to do will be OK, she'll do well at it. So long as SHE is happy, so ought we to be.

I don't think anyone needs worry about her turning into those others......after all, what talent have they, compare with Shawn? They are all manufactured celebrities.

Not being funny with you, OK? Stop worrying. She'll be OK Wink

The thought of her gymnastics career being over has crossed my mind but I sorta don't want it to be. I mean, I love watching her do it, she's fantastic at it, but I mean, she made it to the Olympics. Other than the Olympics again, what else is there? You can't get higher than that. And maybe she does want to do something other than sports her whole life. Yeah, she said she'd love to coach, but she also said that she wants to pursue a medical career which requires A LOT of time. But you know, none of that is up to me, lol, but it's up to her and whatever she wants to do, as fans, we should be behind her, supporting her every step of the way.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:20 am

Exactly, it's her life and all us fans can do is support her through it, I nearly forgot about the medical thing. I'll have to go to her hospital if she does it Very Happy. I do kinda wish that she was the same as she was before and during the Olympics where she was nervous, cute and completely into gymnastics but I guess these post-Olympic opportunities come around once in a lifetime and she has to take them
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:35 am

Scrawney wrote:Exactly, it's her life and all us fans can do is support her through it, I nearly forgot about the medical thing. I'll have to go to her hospital if she does it Very Happy. I do kinda wish that she was the same as she was before and during the Olympics where she was nervous, cute and completely into gymnastics but I guess these post-Olympic opportunities come around once in a lifetime and she has to take them

Exactly. Good luck to the kid, she deserves it, and deserves the leisure time she's ahving now. I LOVE to see kids that work hard get their rewards.
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Seeher Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 am

Never watched Dancing with the Stars, never wanted to watch it, heck I never even seen any reality show! I always thought they were the stupids TV programming since affraid Barney the Dino! %^$# ABC Mad You finally found the one thing that will make me want to see this stupid show!!!!! Embarassed

Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day. If it was any other girl on Team USA (I forget their names because well they aren't you know Shawn) I would agree that they are done. But this is Shawn, this is our golden girl, dancing is a great work out plus give her added skills, a marathon helps endurance ... she seems to be way to competive not to go back in 2012 (or I can be reading too much into it but i don't care Razz )

I'm just glad that she is enjoying the once in a life time ride!

Seeher
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:47 am

Seeher wrote:
Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day.

Wow! She did 25 hour days? I knew she was good, but not THAT good Shocked cheers cheers
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:53 am

alcazar wrote:
Seeher wrote:
Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day.

Wow! She did 25 hour days? I knew she was good, but not THAT good Shocked cheers cheers
wow Shawn's amazing lol she added an hour to a day just so she could get in an extra hour of workout rofl. Razz
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:47 am

her size and flexibility help her sneak through the holes in the fabric of space-time that no one else is able to take advantage of, so she can train as much as she wants Very Happy
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 am

So thats why she was able to do school,train and spend time with friends and family. Razz
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:53 am

Maybe she's like flash gordon and can run around the world so fast that she can alter time or maybe she just never has to sleep!
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:54 am

the chinese team tried it too but encountered some problems that ended up subtracting years off their ages
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 am

Aha so the secrets out them Chinese tried stealing more American secrets and got what they deserved. Razz
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:07 am

the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame. she says that she has done everything she wanted, but what about all around gold? she has to feel at least a little disappointed not to win gold in the big competition. they've changed the code by which they judge routines, which could effect her decision. i hope she stays with it! we'll see. she should do whatever she wants and what will make her the happiest
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:10 am

I totally agree, and she's said many times that she was glad Nastia got the gold and that she would never trade her silver for anything. I hope she continues competing but she has done everything other than win the all around gold.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

i am sure she is proud of her performance and of her silver, because she did the best she could and that's all you can ask of any athlete, but i do think she was disappointed to come so close and not win the gold.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:15 am

the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame.

hopefully she doesn't start spending 25 hours a day outside the gym, she might get too badly out of practice Wink
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 am

mikeD wrote:
the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame.

hopefully she doesn't start spending 25 hours a day outside the gym, she might get too badly out of practice Wink

me too. i wonder what she is doing with her 25 hours a day when not training? might come in handy for DWTS
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm

kp1089 wrote:
mikeD wrote:

me too. i wonder what she is doing with her 25 hours a day when not training? might come in handy for DWTS

you'd think she'd be able to put blogs up on her website more frequently
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. - Page 2 Empty is Seeher mathematically challenged?

Post  farcemaster Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:08 pm

David K wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Seeher wrote:

wow Shawn's amazing lol she added an hour to a day just so she could get in an extra hour of workout rofl. Razz

I think Seeher is a bit mathematically challenged... I believe when Shawn was in training, she would train

20 to 25 hours a WEEK (not a DAY)... 4 hours a day, 5 days a week gets one to 20 hours + 6 hours on Saturday with Sunday off... not 20 to 25 hours a day... only off by a factor of 7 - maybe we should have Seeher go to Washington, DC and help out with our economy - with bookkeeping like that lol!
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  nurges Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I have watched dwts with my grandmother a few times, mmlul. I think someone once got injured but ehh most she would do is twist an ankle and yes lets please start the chubby conversation again Razz
nurges
nurges
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  blisster Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 pm

nurges wrote:please start the chubby conversation again Razz
umad
blisster
blisster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next