ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

+12
farcemaster
David K
kp1089
Vault
dallascowboy76
nurges
White Knight
mikeD
Seeher
Scrawney
Kyle Loves SJ
alcazar
16 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. Empty Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:44 am

Just checked out the website, online voting WILL be allowed and will stay open for quite a while after the show ends. Just got to get sorted now...............

-Quote: "Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) on the day of the results show".
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. Empty Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Kyle Loves SJ Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:44 am

Ok I have a theory that could possibly right about Shawn.

Ok well we now all know that she's doing "Dancing with the Stars", which is part of the problem(even though I want her to do it).

You know in many interviews about asking about 2009 season she kept saying idk idk idk, well I think this is the reason she will not participate in the 2009 season because on Shawn's new blog, it said that she was holding the secret for months.

Shawn next week will go and learn new dances steps and all this stuff, which means no gymnastics, and I'm pretty sure she hasn't been in a gym practicing gymnastics since Beijing.

I do think this could affect her gymnastics career.

But I support her decision.
Kyle Loves SJ
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. Empty Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 am

I think it sets her back about a year or so for her career but she's still got the skills so I think she can still compete at an Olympic standard but whether she can win depends on how much training she does

At least we get to see her every week and hopefully online voting means I can vote Very Happy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Seeher Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:22 am

Shawn is very competitive so maybe she sees this as an opportunity to not only improve her public image but to help her in 2012. One of the things I heard during the 08 Olympics was {insert snotty, better then you average wallow in the mud fans who wouldn't know anything about gymnastics if I wasn't here to spell it out for you, tone of voice} 'Shawn Johnson is powerful but lacked grace'. Maybe she feels that this show will give her skills that she can't get from Chow. I am sure when she goes back she wants every advantage she can get a sweep of the gold.

Seeher
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:13 am

Seeher wrote:Shawn is very competitive so maybe she sees this as an opportunity to not only improve her public image but to help her in 2012. One of the things I heard during the 08 Olympics was {insert snotty, better then you average wallow in the mud fans who wouldn't know anything about gymnastics if I wasn't here to spell it out for you, tone of voice} 'Shawn Johnson is powerful but lacked grace'. Maybe she feels that this show will give her skills that she can't get from Chow. I am sure when she goes back she wants every advantage she can get a sweep of the gold.

Lacks grace? How dare you, sir? Leave this forum forthwith!
Very Happy
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:27 am

All of the commentators over here apart from Matt "what a routine!" Baker were all saying that she had power and Nastia had the grace, I was like Surprised they both have grace I'll have you know
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 am

Seeher wrote:Shawn is very competitive so maybe she sees this as an opportunity to not only improve her public image but to help her in 2012. One of the things I heard during the 08 Olympics was {insert snotty, better then you average wallow in the mud fans who wouldn't know anything about gymnastics if I wasn't here to spell it out for you, tone of voice} 'Shawn Johnson is powerful but lacked grace'. Maybe she feels that this show will give her skills that she can't get from Chow. I am sure when she goes back she wants every advantage she can get a sweep of the gold.

I do seem to remember some ignorant commentator saying something along those lines...of course, with the scores being given out, they had to try to explain it somehow. stupid judges.Mad

I'd still much rather see Shawn competing in gymnastics than dancing on a reality show...hope she wins though Smile
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 am

mikeD wrote:

I do seem to remember some ignorant commentator saying something along those lines...of course, with the scores being given out, they had to try to explain it somehow. stupid judges.Mad

I'd still much rather see Shawn competing in gymnastics than dancing on a reality show...hope she wins though Smile

Don't much care what she's doing, just so long as:
1. She's happy
2. It's what SHE wants to do
3. She gets paid for it or wins.......some sort of recompense

I just like seeing her TBH.
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Seeher Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 am

That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

Seeher
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Loves SJ Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

100% true, I know I'm going to vote just as much.

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

But like I said, I support her on DWTS.
Kyle Loves SJ
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

100% true, I know I'm going to vote just as much.

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

But like I said, I support her on DWTS.

Have you ever thought that maybe her gymnastics career is over? She got to the top at 15/16, and now maybe wants to do something else, something a little less time-consuming, that might allow her to lead a more "normal" life............you know, like eat a Krispy Kreme donut without feeling guilty? Very Happy

Whatever, she deserves it. Wink
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Yeah, you can't blame her for re-evaluating things after Beijing because she got what she worked for - a gold medal and it'll be hard to go for other goals in 2012, except maybe a gold in the all-around
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 pm

I think it is a little premature to say whether or not this will affect Shawn going to the Olympics in 2012. I mean I take her for her word that she says once everything calms down she is going to go back to the gym and make her decision then. For now she is just enjoying the ride. I think the only thing this affected was her decision to go back to school this year. Honestly the more Shawn on TV the better! Very Happy

However if there was a choice (and there is not) between her doing gymnastics or this show, I would much rather see her back doing gymnastics. But that is her choice and her decision alone.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:30 pm

i'm pretty sure she's said stuff in interviews about how Beijing was the best experience of her life and if she could recapture that feeling by going to london 2012 she would do whatever she could to get there. So i am guessing that for her the question is whether she would still be able to compete, not whether she wants to. I'd be kind of surprised to see her walk away now.

hope i'm not misquoting her too badly...
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  nurges Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 pm

If anything it's going to get her back in shape, she's a little chubber now. In no way do I think this will affect her negatively in the future. White's got it right, she's just along for the ride now and as long as she's happy and excited so should we, don't you only want the best for her. But yes it would be good to see her back in the gym scene xD
nurges
nurges
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:14 pm

nurges wrote:If anything it's going to get her back in shape, she's a little chubber now. In no way do I think this will affect her negatively in the future. White's got it right, she's just along for the ride now and as long as she's happy and excited so should we, don't you only want the best for her. But yes it would be good to see her back in the gym scene xD

Oh no, we don't want to start the "chubby" conversation again...... tongue
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:16 pm

lets hope that she doesn't get hurt Cool (doubt it). that's all i have to say. other than that, it's her life. like she said interview after interview, she's taking it day by day
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 pm

I did read how the show has a lot of injuries. Since I have never watched i'm not sure how true that is. But I don't see Shawn being one of those. I'm sure it's celebs whose bodies aren't flexible where as Shawn is.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:24 pm

i haven't watched the show either Cool just out of curiosity, how many people haven't watched DWTS??? scratch
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:52 pm

I've never seen it before.

But imo, I think she'll have the upper hand in the dancing routines because she's small and light which would make her easier to hold or cradle-catch, she can incorporate flips and springs into the dancing they so choose, and plus she's freaking Shawn Johnson! What more do you need?!

Plus I'm gonna get all my friends and family to vote for her as much as possible.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:56 pm

kp1089 wrote:I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?

The premier is Monday, March 9th. Idk the times yet... I guess that's TBA.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Vault wrote:
kp1089 wrote:I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?

The premier is Monday, March 9th. Idk the times yet... I guess that's TBA.

Thanks!
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm

You're welcome! =D
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 am

nurges wrote:If anything it's going to get her back in shape, she's a little chubbier now. In no way do I think this will affect her negatively in the future. White's got it right, she's just along for the ride now and as long as she's happy and excited so should we, don't you only want the best for her. But yes it would be good to see her back in the gym scene xD

Wow.............be careful guy, I suggested the same a few threads back, nearly got lynched, then Nicole locked my thread Shocked

Only joking Nicole Very Happy
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next