ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

+12
farcemaster
David K
kp1089
Vault
dallascowboy76
nurges
White Knight
mikeD
Seeher
Scrawney
Kyle Loves SJ
alcazar
16 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. - Page 10 Empty Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:50 pm

What styles of dance are you looking forward to seeing?
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. - Page 10 Empty Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  White Knight Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:50 pm

I posted on Facebook that I would be watching a show I promised myself I would never watch....and now all my friends and family are trying to guess what it is......i've gotten: 90210, Greek, Double Shot of Love and The Weinsmister Dog Show... Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Wow....I have absolutely no idea what even a name of 1 styles name. Shocked Maybe I need to go back to the Twilight forum...
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:52 pm

I want to see her to the salsa dance :O
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:53 pm

i like the tango
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:59 pm

I was thinking of that as my choice ab.
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  BackFlip Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:23 pm

I think the JIVE would reflect Shawn's personality... Very Happy
Here's Mark dancing the JIVE with Kristi

BackFlip
BackFlip
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:55 pm

people's impressions on the new dwts photos Shawn put up? (one is on the shawnjohnsonfan homepage if you didnt see them)

don't get me wrong, i think she looks great, but i miss her looking more like this
Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2. - Page 10 Temp10
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  farcemaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:36 am

the smiling will help with the home audience and maybe some non-Shawn fans (or non-Olympic watching people) might be prompted to vote for Shawn after they see her smiling throughout the whole routine...

but I seem to remember in past Olympics that certain countries' judges kinda of might be harder on some other country's gymnasts or be too "kind" to other countries ... and I think in Shawn's case at Beijing, as she said she couldn't control how the Judges would react to her routines, but all she could do was just go out there and do her best.

I also read that part of the judging "problem" if you want to call it a problem at the Olympics, is during finals I heard you can't have a judge from a country that has an athlete in the "running" - so right off the bat you probably are excluding judges from some of the best countries competing (i.e. China, USA, Russia, Romania, etc) so you have to worry about (I think I heard Teri Johnson say this in a recent interview) the "judge from Australia" - who might miss things... that means judges with the most experience and the ones seeing gymnastics perform at the highest level don't get to do the final judging - a bit whacky if you ask me (but otherwise you have claims of bias)

but at least on DWTS they supposedly have people that know how to judge at this level... and there is no nation-bias (except isn't one of the judges a "limey dude?" bom ) still part of it is subjective and all of us on here for example probably responded more favorably to Shawn's more powerful and explosive gymnastics that say Nastia's more artistic/graceful art form in the world of gymnastics (else we would be reading this on nastialuikinfan.com Wink if there is such a site)
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 am

Okay, don't think I'm weird here but I know a lot of the dances because my mom and sister are HUGE fans of the UK version so we have it on every week whenever it's on so anyway... I'll be looking forward to seeing the jive and the quickstep because with Shawn's bounceyness she'll be great and they're suited to her personality
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:09 pm

I feel sorry for you having to watch all that, unless you liked it?
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:25 pm

White Knight wrote:I would be a horrible judge...I would just give the most points to the cutest girl....therefore Shawn would always win.

BTW What are we talking about????????? Very Happy

Knight, I'm just as confused as you are. I was gone 2 days and this is what I come back to! It's nuts...
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Thats about how I felt when I was gone for a week lol. Over night everything on here changes.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:55 pm

makes it really hard to keep up Evil or Very Mad
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 am

David K wrote:I feel sorry for you having to watch all that, unless you liked it?

I disliked it with a passion lol, although when it's on every week you start to pick up on things which was really annoying because I couldn't care less about what they were doing, I just wanted to eat my dinner and leave
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:53 pm

i get the feeling it's going to be like that for a lot of us here once dwts stars. just replace the words eat my dinner with see Shawn.
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Haha yeah, lets just hope she doesnt go somewhere in the middle so you have to watch so you dont miss it
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:42 pm

lol it will be annoying having to watch everyone else do their routines...but don't want to miss anything just in case they show Shawn at some random time besides her routine.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:53 pm

David K wrote:lol it will be annoying having to watch everyone else do their routines...but don't want to miss anything just in case they show Shawn at some random time besides her routine.

This is why DVR will be essential! Smile
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:26 pm

lol yea, but I doubt everyone will be able to record it lol.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Now that i watch that most recent video again i still notice the one little quirk she has always done when talking to some one...she always looks over at whoever is with her in what seems like a kinda looking for reassurance way. Its nice to see that, i kind of like it when she is more nervous like she used to be compared to all prepared and ready to go, and i still liked her better without a pound of make up but she still looks good Smile
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  farcemaster Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:16 am

now she has (as a Des Moines reporter said) or is "sporting" an out-of-season tan... I guess it is for the Hollywood stuff she is doing hmmm

but yeah I agree it is a endearing to see her look over to whoever she is with her during these interviews (as Moll said for assurance) ... it is easy to forget she is just 17 ... isn't here a magazine called that - and maybe she should be on the cover of during her 17th year.
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10