Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Kyle Loves SJ on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:44 am

alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

100% true, I know I'm going to vote just as much.

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

But like I said, I support her on DWTS.

Have you ever thought that maybe her gymnastics career is over? She got to the top at 15/16, and now maybe wants to do something else, something a little less time-consuming, that might allow her to lead a more "normal" life............you know, like eat a Krispy Kreme donut without feeling guilty? Very Happy

Whatever, she deserves it. Wink

Yes, I understand, but Do you understand that here in America that's what we call a celebrity?

I don't want her to turn into a Hannah Montana.

lol
avatar
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-01-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Kyle Loves SJ on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 am

kp1089 wrote:I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?

Same, and DWTS comes on March 9th, at 8 EST on ABC.

I have that on my calendar. lol!
avatar
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-01-10
Age : 25
Location : New Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 am

Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

100% true, I know I'm going to vote just as much.

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

But like I said, I support her on DWTS.

Have you ever thought that maybe her gymnastics career is over? She got to the top at 15/16, and now maybe wants to do something else, something a little less time-consuming, that might allow her to lead a more "normal" life............you know, like eat a Krispy Kreme donut without feeling guilty? Very Happy

Whatever, she deserves it. Wink

Yes, I understand, but Do you understand that here in America that's what we call a celebrity?

I don't want her to turn into a Hannah Montana.

lol

Celebrity? Of course I understand, our papers, magazines and TV are all FULL of OUR so-called celebrities, (no offence to Shawn, but in the UK, you only need to be married to a top-flight footballer to be a "celebrity" and be given THOUSANDS of pound s a week to write columns on what YOU know about fashion Rolling Eyes )

So yes, I understand, and no I don't want her to become another Miley, Hilary, Jamie-Lynn or Britney Wink
What makes you think someone who has so far been so single-minded, so tough, so fiercely competetive, so mature........that that person is suddenly going to change into a diva?
I reckon no chance. WHATEVER Shawn wants to do will be OK, she'll do well at it. So long as SHE is happy, so ought we to be.

I don't think anyone needs worry about her turning into those others......after all, what talent have they, compare with Shawn? They are all manufactured celebrities.

Not being funny with you, OK? Stop worrying. She'll be OK Wink
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 am

Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
kp1089 wrote:I've watched it with my grandparents. They love that show! lol Never watched it on my own though. I always like So You Think You Can Dance but maybe i'll watch DWTS. when is it going to be on?

Same, and DWTS comes on March 9th, at 8 EST on ABC.

I have that on my calendar. lol!

Do we have details of when the series finishes yet? I'll be working in France again over Easter, no internet connection, so unable to watch, vote etc Sad Sad Sad Sad
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 am

I've watched the British version a few times but never the American version, apparently they both use the same judges though
avatar
Scrawney
Intermediate

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 28
Location : Colchester, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Vault on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:15 am

alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
Seeher wrote:That is why I hate talking heads ... they always seem to be correcting their earlier statements. I also can't imagine Shawn doing somehting this big if she didn't want to, she seems to be very ummm strong will, shall we say. Very Happy I am pumped that she will be on TV and I know she will win, not that her large fan base would stuff the ballet box ... not us ... nope no way! Suspect Err Ok I might vote once or twice a hour Laughing

100% true, I know I'm going to vote just as much.

But I am still shaky about the decision, although I now have something to watch on Mondays, lol, I think this could hurt her gymnastics career.

She even said on Ellen, if you do not practice gymnastics everyday, you will lose some skill.

But like I said, I support her on DWTS.

Have you ever thought that maybe her gymnastics career is over? She got to the top at 15/16, and now maybe wants to do something else, something a little less time-consuming, that might allow her to lead a more "normal" life............you know, like eat a Krispy Kreme donut without feeling guilty? Very Happy

Whatever, she deserves it. Wink

Yes, I understand, but Do you understand that here in America that's what we call a celebrity?

I don't want her to turn into a Hannah Montana.

lol

Celebrity? Of course I understand, our papers, magazines and TV are all FULL of OUR so-called celebrities, (no offence to Shawn, but in the UK, you only need to be married to a top-flight footballer to be a "celebrity" and be given THOUSANDS of pound s a week to write columns on what YOU know about fashion Rolling Eyes )

So yes, I understand, and no I don't want her to become another Miley, Hilary, Jamie-Lynn or Britney Wink
What makes you think someone who has so far been so single-minded, so tough, so fiercely competetive, so mature........that that person is suddenly going to change into a diva?
I reckon no chance. WHATEVER Shawn wants to do will be OK, she'll do well at it. So long as SHE is happy, so ought we to be.

I don't think anyone needs worry about her turning into those others......after all, what talent have they, compare with Shawn? They are all manufactured celebrities.

Not being funny with you, OK? Stop worrying. She'll be OK Wink

The thought of her gymnastics career being over has crossed my mind but I sorta don't want it to be. I mean, I love watching her do it, she's fantastic at it, but I mean, she made it to the Olympics. Other than the Olympics again, what else is there? You can't get higher than that. And maybe she does want to do something other than sports her whole life. Yeah, she said she'd love to coach, but she also said that she wants to pursue a medical career which requires A LOT of time. But you know, none of that is up to me, lol, but it's up to her and whatever she wants to do, as fans, we should be behind her, supporting her every step of the way.
avatar
Vault
junior

Posts : 548
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 26
Location : Tulsa, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:20 am

Exactly, it's her life and all us fans can do is support her through it, I nearly forgot about the medical thing. I'll have to go to her hospital if she does it Very Happy. I do kinda wish that she was the same as she was before and during the Olympics where she was nervous, cute and completely into gymnastics but I guess these post-Olympic opportunities come around once in a lifetime and she has to take them
avatar
Scrawney
Intermediate

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 28
Location : Colchester, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:35 am

Scrawney wrote:Exactly, it's her life and all us fans can do is support her through it, I nearly forgot about the medical thing. I'll have to go to her hospital if she does it Very Happy. I do kinda wish that she was the same as she was before and during the Olympics where she was nervous, cute and completely into gymnastics but I guess these post-Olympic opportunities come around once in a lifetime and she has to take them

Exactly. Good luck to the kid, she deserves it, and deserves the leisure time she's ahving now. I LOVE to see kids that work hard get their rewards.
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Seeher on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 am

Never watched Dancing with the Stars, never wanted to watch it, heck I never even seen any reality show! I always thought they were the stupids TV programming since affraid Barney the Dino! %^$# ABC Mad You finally found the one thing that will make me want to see this stupid show!!!!! Embarassed

Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day. If it was any other girl on Team USA (I forget their names because well they aren't you know Shawn) I would agree that they are done. But this is Shawn, this is our golden girl, dancing is a great work out plus give her added skills, a marathon helps endurance ... she seems to be way to competive not to go back in 2012 (or I can be reading too much into it but i don't care Razz )

I'm just glad that she is enjoying the once in a life time ride!

Seeher
Rookie

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:47 am

Seeher wrote:
Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day.

Wow! She did 25 hour days? I knew she was good, but not THAT good Shocked cheers cheers
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  David K on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:53 am

alcazar wrote:
Seeher wrote:
Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day.

Wow! She did 25 hour days? I knew she was good, but not THAT good Shocked cheers cheers
wow Shawn's amazing lol she added an hour to a day just so she could get in an extra hour of workout rofl. Razz
avatar
David K
junior

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Casper, WY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:47 am

her size and flexibility help her sneak through the holes in the fabric of space-time that no one else is able to take advantage of, so she can train as much as she wants Very Happy
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  David K on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 am

So thats why she was able to do school,train and spend time with friends and family. Razz
avatar
David K
junior

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Casper, WY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:53 am

Maybe she's like flash gordon and can run around the world so fast that she can alter time or maybe she just never has to sleep!
avatar
Scrawney
Intermediate

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 28
Location : Colchester, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:54 am

the chinese team tried it too but encountered some problems that ended up subtracting years off their ages
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  David K on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 am

Aha so the secrets out them Chinese tried stealing more American secrets and got what they deserved. Razz
avatar
David K
junior

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Casper, WY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:07 am

the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame. she says that she has done everything she wanted, but what about all around gold? she has to feel at least a little disappointed not to win gold in the big competition. they've changed the code by which they judge routines, which could effect her decision. i hope she stays with it! we'll see. she should do whatever she wants and what will make her the happiest
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  David K on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:10 am

I totally agree, and she's said many times that she was glad Nastia got the gold and that she would never trade her silver for anything. I hope she continues competing but she has done everything other than win the all around gold.
avatar
David K
junior

Posts : 627
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Casper, WY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

i am sure she is proud of her performance and of her silver, because she did the best she could and that's all you can ask of any athlete, but i do think she was disappointed to come so close and not win the gold.
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:15 am

the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame.

hopefully she doesn't start spending 25 hours a day outside the gym, she might get too badly out of practice Wink
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 am

mikeD wrote:
the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame.

hopefully she doesn't start spending 25 hours a day outside the gym, she might get too badly out of practice Wink

me too. i wonder what she is doing with her 25 hours a day when not training? might come in handy for DWTS
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm

kp1089 wrote:
mikeD wrote:
the more time shawn spends outside of the gym, the more i think she's going to retire, which would be a shame.

hopefully she doesn't start spending 25 hours a day outside the gym, she might get too badly out of practice Wink

me too. i wonder what she is doing with her 25 hours a day when not training? might come in handy for DWTS

you'd think she'd be able to put blogs up on her website more frequently
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

is Seeher mathematically challenged?

Post  farcemaster on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:08 pm

David K wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Seeher wrote:
Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day.

Wow! She did 25 hour days? I knew she was good, but not THAT good Shocked cheers cheers
wow Shawn's amazing lol she added an hour to a day just so she could get in an extra hour of workout rofl. Razz

I think Seeher is a bit mathematically challenged... I believe when Shawn was in training, she would train

20 to 25 hours a WEEK (not a DAY)... 4 hours a day, 5 days a week gets one to 20 hours + 6 hours on Saturday with Sunday off... not 20 to 25 hours a day... only off by a factor of 7 - maybe we should have Seeher go to Washington, DC and help out with our economy - with bookkeeping like that lol!
avatar
farcemaster
Rookie

Posts : 74
Join date : 2008-12-08
Location : 15 miles from Wash., DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  nurges on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I have watched dwts with my grandmother a few times, mmlul. I think someone once got injured but ehh most she would do is twist an ankle and yes lets please start the chubby conversation again Razz
avatar
nurges
Rookie

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 26
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  blisster on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 pm

nurges wrote:please start the chubby conversation again Razz
umad
avatar
blisster
Rookie

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-01-02
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum