Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  nurges on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:44 pm

avatar
nurges
Rookie

Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 26
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Seeher on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:41 pm

farcemaster wrote:
David K wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Seeher wrote:
Let us not forget who we are talking about here ... the girl who worked out 20 to 25 hours a day.

Wow! She did 25 hour days? I knew she was good, but not THAT good Shocked cheers cheers
wow Shawn's amazing lol she added an hour to a day just so she could get in an extra hour of workout rofl. Razz

I think Seeher is a bit mathematically challenged... I believe when Shawn was in training, she would train

20 to 25 hours a WEEK (not a DAY)... 4 hours a day, 5 days a week gets one to 20 hours + 6 hours on Saturday with Sunday off... not 20 to 25 hours a day... only off by a factor of 7 - maybe we should have Seeher go to Washington, DC and help out with our economy - with bookkeeping like that lol!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed pale one little typo Laughing Ha! Read the bill and I think they are using my math Laughing Suspect

Seeher
Rookie

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  White Knight on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Seeher wrote: Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed pale one little typo Laughing Ha! Read the bill and I think they are using my math Laughing Suspect

OHHHHHHHH it was a typo! I thought you really didn't know how to do math! Wink

lol!
avatar
White Knight
Beginner

Posts : 350
Join date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  dallascowboy76 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:29 pm

alcazar wrote:

Do we have details of when the series finishes yet? I'll be working in France again over Easter, no internet connection, so unable to watch, vote etc Sad Sad Sad Sad

i think it ends sometime in may, but i'm not really sure
avatar
dallascowboy76
junior

Posts : 832
Join date : 2008-12-23
Location : Erie, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  White Knight on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:56 pm

May 19th
avatar
White Knight
Beginner

Posts : 350
Join date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Someone's done their research. I have enough recording time on my digibox to last me up until then I think Very Happy
avatar
Scrawney
Intermediate

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 28
Location : Colchester, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Vault on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Look, it's Shawn. She's a perfectionist. She's committed. She's determined. It doesn't matter how much out of shape she is NOW. If she wants it bad enough, she'll go to 2012. I don't think anything could stop her other than her not wanting to go. She'll push herself past her limits if she wants to go bad enough. Once Shawn has her eyes set on something, there's no stopping her from getting it.
avatar
Vault
junior

Posts : 548
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 26
Location : Tulsa, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 pm

imagine all the fans she'll gain from doing DWTS. and imagine how many are going to join this site
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Vault wrote:Look, it's Shawn. She's a perfectionist. She's committed. She's determined. It doesn't matter how much out of shape she is NOW. If she wants it bad enough, she'll go to 2012. I don't think anything could stop her other than her not wanting to go. She'll push herself past her limits if she wants to go bad enough. Once Shawn has her eyes set on something, there's no stopping her from getting it.

my thoughts exactly, i think she will get back in the gym as soon as she can dedicate to it and will stop training only if she realizes thats not how she wants to spend the next couple years of her life.
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TVGuide.com early opinion poll, Shawn is 2nd at 26% .... behind Nancy O'Dell's 30%

Post  farcemaster on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm

found this , not sure how "valid" this is, I mean the 8th season of DWTS hasn't even started yet! :

TVGuide.com early opinion poll for 8th Season DWTS leader

and here is a snippet from the article:

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
“Dancing With the Stars” hasn’t even returned to television yet, but already TV fans have picked Access Hollywood’s own Nancy O’Dell as the favorite to take home the title.

According to an online poll conducted by TVGuide.com, Nancy is the early favorite to win the mirrorball trophy on “Dancing’s” Season 8, taking home 30 percent of the vote.

Olympian Shawn Johnson was the second contestant picked by the TVGuide.com fans to win, netting 26 percent of the vote.

Chuck Wicks, the country crooner whose girlfriend is “DWTS” pro Julianne Hough, came in third with 13 percent.
avatar
farcemaster
Rookie

Posts : 74
Join date : 2008-12-08
Location : 15 miles from Wash., DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Brad on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm

EVERYONE HAS TO VOTE LIKE CRAZY BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY WE ARE LETTING SHAWN LOSE ON DWTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy cheers
avatar
Brad
Rookie

Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-01-11
Age : 27
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Vault on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 pm

So is it like American Idol where you can vote as many times as you want or is it a one time deal?
avatar
Vault
junior

Posts : 548
Join date : 2009-01-02
Age : 26
Location : Tulsa, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mark Ballas is her dance partner, was Kristi Yamaguchi partner and THEY WON

Post  farcemaster on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:10 am

hey I read the heads up on the main page here which had links up to pics of Shawn and her newly assigned dance partner Mark Ballas.... I read he was like 5' 8" ... one of the shorter male dancers - so that is good for Shawn and I also read that when he was Kristi Yamaguchi dance partner they WON.

Sounds all good for Shawn... and Kristi of course was a gold olympic medalist as well... so Mark will be used to be around people that want to strive to be their best. ... Kristi said he was a good teacher.

so far so good for Shawn I think Very Happy
avatar
farcemaster
Rookie

Posts : 74
Join date : 2008-12-08
Location : 15 miles from Wash., DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:31 am

farcemaster wrote:found this , not sure how "valid" this is, I mean the 8th season of DWTS hasn't even started yet! :

TVGuide.com early opinion poll for 8th Season DWTS leader

and here is a snippet from the article:

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
“Dancing With the Stars” hasn’t even returned to television yet, but already TV fans have picked Access Hollywood’s own Nancy O’Dell as the favorite to take home the title.

According to an online poll conducted by TVGuide.com, Nancy is the early favorite to win the mirrorball trophy on “Dancing’s” Season 8, taking home 30 percent of the vote.

Olympian Shawn Johnson was the second contestant picked by the TVGuide.com fans to win, netting 26 percent of the vote.

Chuck Wicks, the country crooner whose girlfriend is “DWTS” pro Julianne Hough, came in third with 13 percent.

Second eh? Well, we'll just see about that.

I'll be out of contact forst two weeks in April, so relying on the rest of you to vote, vote, vote.
BTW: have you all e-mailed Kelloggs yet to ask them to use Shawn in their advertising? It's easy, just Google Kelloggs then click on contact us.
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:00 am

Her partner seems like a good pick for her but I was a little worried at the distance between them as they were walking down the stairs on the pics on the main page, perhaps they're just getting to know each other first?

Anyway if it's anything like the UK version then you'll be able to vote as many times as you want and I'm expecting to see member numbers on this site skyrocket during DWTS lol
avatar
Scrawney
Intermediate

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 28
Location : Colchester, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 am

I posted a link to this site on her official site, so we might get a few extra members that way.
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:12 am

"DM: Compare fan-mail volume pre- and post- Olympics.
SJ:Before I’d probably get 100 every two weeks. Now I’ve got stacks of thousands. I do what I can to reply to everyone, but it takes time."

considering that statement, i feel like there's already a lot of people who would join this site if they knew about it.
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:25 am

i'm sure you are right
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Scrawney on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeah all this site needs is to be on the first page when people search "shawn johnson" and people will sign up by the bucketload
avatar
Scrawney
Intermediate

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 28
Location : Colchester, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  alcazar on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Scrawney wrote:Yeah all this site needs is to be on the first page when people search "shawn johnson" and people will sign up by the bucketload

How do we go about getting it there?
avatar
alcazar
Beginner

Posts : 344
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : North UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

google search results are company secret

Post  farcemaster on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:26 pm

well I heard Google search engine results formula/computations to get higher ranked are like "company proprietary" but it helps if people have their own web pages to put in links back to this web page/forum - that would increase the search results ranking

and the website could always pay to be a sponsored link (not sure how much that would be... ) but even if you run that "sponsored" link for a few days - say around the time of the DTWS premiere episode this season - I am sure a lot of people would see it and sign up - if you want a large number of people on here?
avatar
farcemaster
Rookie

Posts : 74
Join date : 2008-12-08
Location : 15 miles from Wash., DC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  mikeD on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:36 pm

this site is on the first page if you search for Shawn Johnson cheerios box, i'm pretty sure thats how i found it.
not that that really helps if people see Shawn on dwts...

although i'm not really sure if i want a bunch of people jumping on her bandwagon only after they see her on a reality show in the first place. which sounds kind of hypocritical, because its not that different than jumping on her bandwagon after seeing her in the Olympics. i guess i personally just dont like reality tv and dont respect the way it gets broadcasted, and dont think it should be the main reason for admiring someone.
avatar
mikeD
Beginner

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 30
Location : Pittsburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 pm

i found it when i typed in shawn johnson fansite, because fansites usually have news updated quickly.

and that was the point when i brought up that since she will be getting more exposure, more people will join, and that may change the awesome atmosphere we have established on this forum
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  White Knight on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:28 pm

mikeD wrote:although i'm not really sure if i want a bunch of people jumping on her bandwagon only after they see her on a reality show in the first place. which sounds kind of hypocritical, because its not that different than jumping on her bandwagon after seeing her in the Olympics. i guess i personally just dont like reality tv and dont respect the way it gets broadcasted, and dont think it should be the main reason for admiring someone.

I agree with Mike. Part of me wants Shawn to have tons and tons more fans. But the other part of me wants to keep it to the select few. I was kinda hoping after the Olympics, some of this would die down and the true fans would just remain. But now this dancing thing is going to bring in like Mike said, "bandwagon" fans. I guess I want her as, for lack of a better word, are own "guilty pleasure" Very Happy
avatar
White Knight
Beginner

Posts : 350
Join date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  kp1089 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 pm

White Knight wrote:
mikeD wrote:although i'm not really sure if i want a bunch of people jumping on her bandwagon only after they see her on a reality show in the first place. which sounds kind of hypocritical, because its not that different than jumping on her bandwagon after seeing her in the Olympics. i guess i personally just dont like reality tv and dont respect the way it gets broadcasted, and dont think it should be the main reason for admiring someone.

I agree with Mike. Part of me wants Shawn to have tons and tons more fans. But the other part of me wants to keep it to the select few. I was kinda hoping after the Olympics, some of this would die down and the true fans would just remain. But now this dancing thing is going to bring in like Mike said, "bandwagon" fans. I guess I want her as, for lack of a better word, are own "guilty pleasure" Very Happy

yes, definitely for lack of a better word lol!

i agree with mike as well.
avatar
kp1089
junior

Posts : 555
Join date : 2009-01-22
Location : Philly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shawn on Dancing with the stars, part 2.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum