ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn Videos

+4
Scrawney
mikeD
kp1089
MURPH2R
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shawn Videos Empty Shawn Videos

Post  MURPH2R Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm

I wish that someone close to Shawn would gether all of Shawn's Olumpics videos and interview videos. Put them on DVD and then sell them. I would buy any videos of Shawn Johnson.

MURPH2R
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Shawn Videos Empty Re: Shawn Videos

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:24 pm

hey, welcome MURPH2R!!

that would be a great idea! i have realplayer and it came with realplayer download, so whenever i stream a video from a site, such as youtube, i can download it and replay it whenever i want. that might be able to help you get at least a few of the videos that you want.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Shawn Videos Empty Shawn's videos

Post  MURPH2R Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks kp1089 for any help with Shawn's Videos.

MURPH2R
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm

you're welcome!

let me know how realplayer downloader goes for you. im not really computer tech savvy, but i'll try to help you if you have problems getting it.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:34 pm

or, put a digital camera in front of your computer while you play the videos, and load the video from your camera to your hard drive. That's how tech-savvy I am Cool
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:17 am

Yeah the realplayer downloader is a great tool, really useful but I do wish they'd release a Shawn DVD that's kinda like her book but with exclusive interviews with her and her family
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:06 pm

That would be nice to have all the interviews on say a dvd or 2 and then have her competitions over the past several years on a few others.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  farcemaster Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:15 pm

there would be too many copyright restrictions (or too cumbersome to find all the copyright holders and ask for a license to sell) on that sort of thing (if sold for profit, and pay all the copyright holders) and even if not sold for profit all the people that hold the rights to the vids (like NBC Olympics) would go nuts (and "legal") ... every once in awhile on youtube.com I see some note that the audio was disabled because the copyright holders to the original work went ballistic (or objected) ... interesting they didn't take the whole video down - but left it up with the sound turned off.

There is an organization called The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) that has a payment scheme so the rightful owners get paid for the work others are playing, performing, putting on websites. So if someone had a collection of vids, and contacted EVERY copyright holder and negotiated a license, then ASCAP could handle the payments.... sounds simple Cool - that is what Agents and Attorneys get paid to do (in this area). Shawn's agent is Sheryl Shade who owns "Shade Global", a very busy lady this day!

See ASCAP Payment Systems: an Introduction

Here is a diagram of how ASCAP fits into things:

Shawn Videos Flowchart
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 pm

thanks farcemaster, that was very informative Smile
although i see metal music gets no respect from the makers of random charts. not cool.

I'd love to see just an olympics DVD about Shawn, i wonder how difficult it would be to put that together? the licencing should mostly be from the same place...
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 am

Yeah, I mean NBC could make one pretty easily considering they had the rights to the Olympics and I'm sure they'd do one for Phelps too
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:00 pm

The NBC olympic video has a section on gymnastics. They also have a special feature with all of Shawn's AA routines and her gold medal Balance beam routine.

They also did make a separate video for the bong smoking swimmer moran. Rolling Eyes Not that I have anything against him. LOL
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:26 pm

lol it doesn't show Wink. Speaking of dvd's has anyone got the official Beijing 2008 dvd because I was going to get it and if anyone has does it feature Shawn at all?
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Scrawney wrote:lol it doesn't show Wink. Speaking of dvd's has anyone got the official Beijing 2008 dvd because I was going to get it and if anyone has does it feature Shawn at all?

Is there another one besides the NBC one? I thought that was the official one....... scratch
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm

There's this one but I don't think it's available here yet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beijing-Olympics-DVD/dp/B001KY5ZR8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1235090065&sr=8-10
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:49 pm

I never saw any one different from the NBC one since they basically have all of the rights to the good camera angles. BBC seemed to just have fixed cameras around the locations. I wouldnt know much about the dvd since i usually watch it on the official nbc site but i know you guys in europe cant do that Sad
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Yeah I don't know about that DVD....I know the NBC one is pretty good though, as far a Shawn content goes.

Though too much of some other guy.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah that does suck but the BBC had good coverage for the events we actually did well in, all the other stuff (apart from Phelps and Bolt) weren't greatly covered but the gymnastics had good commentary
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:03 pm

For the BBC thing the only part i saw was balance beam where it was just a fixed cam at the end of the beam. The commentators were good like you said though.
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:14 pm

The BBC commentators would be so much better if they just spoke english! Very Happy I have no idea what they are saying. LOL
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Lol I was like that and then every now and again the man says "what a routine!"
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Haha, i liked NBC but the guy got pretty annoying after like the third day. I mean the one with the higher pitched voice, the other guy was cool cuz it didnt sound like he really knew what was going on lol.
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:06 am

Just finished watching the longer interview with the guy from des moines, and i have to say its reassuring to see shawn acting like her normal self giggling and just goofing off. I think the best part was when she said "take the walls down" just because it sounded funny lol. Also the part where shes trying not to smile is pretty hilarious. I like her when shes more relaxed and kinda goofy instead of completely serious.

Sorry for double posting, its 1 am and i really have nothing better to do lol. Ill only post this so it doesnt go complete spamapalooza Razz
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 am

Mool212 wrote:Just finished watching the longer interview with the guy from des moines, and i have to say its reassuring to see shawn acting like her normal self giggling and just goofing off. I think the best part was when she said "take the walls down" just because it sounded funny lol. Also the part where shes trying not to smile is pretty hilarious. I like her when shes more relaxed and kinda goofy instead of completely serious.

Sorry for double posting, its 1 am and i really have nothing better to do lol. Ill only post this so it doesnt go complete spamapalooza Razz

im in the process of listening to it right now...i love when she gets asked what gymnastics skills transfer to dance and she says "it's so different. it's 150% opposite"

what does that mean Shawn? Question
mikeD
mikeD
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mool212 Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:19 am

If only she could personally answer that question for us. At least she didnt pull the 360 degree change like some people do when talking about opposites lol
Mool212
Mool212
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  farcemaster Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:38 am

mikeD wrote:

im in the process of listening to it right now...i love when she gets asked what gymnastics skills transfer to dance and she says "it's so different. it's 150% opposite"

what does that mean Shawn? Question

Just listened to the interview mentioned above - I though maybe she was going to say it was 180 degrees different (or maybe in mid-thought she substituted percent (%) instead of degrees - and to make it not quite 180 degrees different, being an athlete and stuff is the only thing that helps right now -- she always says "stuff" which I always find endearing (or just part of her real personality) .... but 150% different is like what 1 1/2 times "different" ?? ... so not totally different (that would be 100% different I guess) ... adding anything above 100% of course is a curious thing to say...

If you punch in the phrase "150 percent different" into google you will see a dozen or so entries of people using this phrase... by the way the "percent sign" (%) in some search engines is treated as the wildcard so you can't really search for "150% different" ..the % just becomes like a null character allowing the search results to just return 150 (not 150%) ...
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next