ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does anyone reckon Shawn is actually doing.............

+3
Scrawney
David K
alcazar
7 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What does anyone reckon Shawn is actually doing............. - Page 6 Empty Re: What does anyone reckon Shawn is actually doing.............

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:21 pm

kp1089 wrote:
Scrawney wrote:That's so true kp, first day in my last year of school and my teacher said something like "Let me just get it up here" - reffering to getting the worksheet on the board - as a natural reaction all I could say was that's what she said but she didn't take kindly to it and things went from bad to worse over the year. If only more people were as laid back and as cool as us Very Happy

hhaaahaa scrawney that is funny!!! i've never said it to a teacher ahahaaa

yesterday in class some girl's phone rang and the professor said "oh you forgot to turn your vibrator on" and a lot of people started cracking up, including me of course. the professor turned really red and after a minute or two of silence he said "okay next class we'll just pick up where we left off."

some teachers are cool with stuff like that, others are lame

haha that professor is a legend! some of them genuinely find it funny but my teacher was really moody all year and always had a grudge about me taking a rather laid back approach in class
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

What does anyone reckon Shawn is actually doing............. - Page 6 Empty Re: What does anyone reckon Shawn is actually doing.............

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:26 pm

I don't like teachers like that, in 2nd grade I had an awesome teacher who on his birthday danced on his desk lol. Razz Hes in fact the reason I love reading so much now too.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:30 pm

that's awesome!!! that's a sign of a laid back, fun teacher
the laid back teachers are the best! it's always fun to go to their classes and it makes it easy to learn cus you want to be there
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 pm

yea, they just have something about them when their smiling and trying to help you learn it makes learning many times easier.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 pm

In 3rd grade we used to have 1 hour a week where our class swapped with the other 3rd grade class and their teacher was soooo funny. Basically, our teacher had a Piglet doll from Winnie the Pooh (she adored Winnie the Pooh) and one time he decided to take Piglet hostage so he taped Piglet to the door and left a ransom note saying he wanted 2 chocolate bars in return for Piglet's safe return. But when he saw her coming down the corridor he bottled it and hid in a tiny cupboard above her desk (and he wasn't a slim man). He somehow climbed in there before she came back in but he had to come out after 5 minutes because he couldn't breathe. My teacher told him off for harming Piglet but then laughed at what he'd done to hide from her. I loved 3rd grade so much!
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:37 pm

teachers like that are awesome, but sadly really rare.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:53 pm

i know. for a while i thought being rude, demeaning, and controlling were criteria to become a teacher.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:56 pm

lol yea, I think i've only ever had a couple really cool teachers my 2nd grade and kindergarten teachers were the only ones who seemed to really care wether we learned or not.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:57 pm

I've had about 4-5 teachers that I've liked and wanted to do well for but the rest haven't really cared too much about us personally just as long as they get paid
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm

i know me too. ive had awesome history teachers, so now i love history. i've always like english and have had english teachers who wouldve ruined it for me if i didnt like it on my own. and ive had terrible spanish teachers and a psych teacher
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Yea, it kinda sucks...why decide to be a teacher when you know your not going to really like being around all the kids.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:04 pm

i met a girl who is in the education program to become an elementary school teacher and she said she hated kids. i said are you an idiot.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:05 pm

There should be a requirement that you must like kids rather than just want a really long summer holiday. My history teachers, like yours kp, were really enthusiastic and that combined with my 2 brothers loving history made me do really well in it and enjoy it which is why I'm studying it at college. 2 of my last 3 english teachers at high school were really friendly and made me want to learn but my last one ruined it for me lol but my geography teacher was such a nice guy and really wanted me to do well and made me go from disliking geography to really enjoying it and we still keep in touch
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:07 pm

i agree, why unpassionate people become teachers is stupid. my whole life i've had wonderful history teachers and that is why i love history! sometimes i sit in class and wonder if the teacher realizes that they are ruining the subject for everyone in the room. i'm not sure that they are aware of it
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:08 pm

History is really the only class I have ever liked lol, im pretty horrible at english and math, and for the last 2 years all of my teachers have been rather amazing. Their willing to help me out to get me to understand what it is im so confused on so I have been able to keep a constant B or higher in the classes im rather horrible at lol.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 pm

I remember one time I was behind on my coursework and didn't really get what the task was asking so my teacher let me borrow some videos and books about it and after that I understood it completely and got an A
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:11 pm

^^same!! i was constantly fighting in hs to get a B in math, and i go to college and i get an A. weird isnt it?
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 pm

College doesn't seem like the classes are a whole lot different then hs, i'm planning on dropping out next year and just getting a ged to start college with a few of my senior friends.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:14 pm

That is weird! well at least you got that A Very Happy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:17 pm

yeah my teacher was awesome! and i secretly started to like math...never thought i would
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:18 pm

kp1089 wrote:yeah my teacher was awesome! and i secretly started to like math...never thought i would
lol I used to like math till I got to Algebra.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 pm

I thought Algebra was alright at first and then suddenly it turned! I didn't have a clue what was going on
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:22 pm

exactly lol, I don't like doing things I have understanding of lol.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

i remember algebra. i also remember throwing the algebra book across the room on several occasions
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:28 pm

I just remember my brain hurting whenever I saw an algebra book
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum