ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

+4
Scrawney
Vault
White Knight
alcazar
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where does Shawn's middle name come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:14 pm

White Knight wrote:
Scrawney wrote:lol then she'd be like "Ohh, that guy who's posted way too much on an otherwise awesome forum? Yeah I don't like him. Oh he wants me to say my middle name? Well the answer is no"

Hey wait...your stealing my master plan for getting Shawn to like me.....one day she just has to check out this forum...and on that day, she will see what a great guy I am, and just have to come find me. At which point I will ask her to say her middle name. Don't worry that will be the very first question I ask her..... Very Happy

Oh it's like that is it? Well what if you're not online when she's on? Don't worry I'll let you know the second she comes online Razz
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Where does Shawn's middle name come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

Post  White Knight Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Maybe she already is online....maybe she is one of the people online saying they are someone else. Maybe i'm Shawn....did you ever think of that? Very Happy

On another note, every I have asked about her middle name, thinks it is Michelle spelled differently. So take that for what you will.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Surprised hello Shawn Razz

I still don't know how to pronounce it but it does seem like Michelle spelt differently and maybe with an Iowan accent it does sound like Michelle
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Iowans have accents??? Oh yeah, your from England..... Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Lol yeah, everything sounds like an accent in America to me. Well there was a really good show on over here recently where Stephen Fry (dunno if you've heard of him) went across America visiting all 50 states and in New England they said some things kinda like Australians and then obviously in the deep south they had more of a redneck style. Can't comment on what Iowans sound like because they just went to meet a weird cult that live in a city there.

I think I know what one of my questions to Shawn will be if I ever meet her... "how do you pronounce your middle name? I need to settle a discussion on this forum about you" Very Happy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:46 pm

The only accent i've noticed from Iowa is slightly country I would say.....but what the heck do I know, I probably have a Chicago accent Very Happy

I know when I went to London when I was little, I had no idea what anyone was saying.....LOL
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:22 pm

the only accents i can recognize in the northern states are Boston accents, Manhattan accents, and other ones i can't remember. Maybe you should settle here scrawney for a couple years so you can get used to US accents and then talk to Shawn Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 am

Or we could instigate a programme where all Americans have to learn to talk, and write, proper English. Very Happy
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 am

dallascowboy76 wrote:the only accents i can recognize in the northern states are Boston accents, Manhattan accents, and other ones i can't remember. Maybe you should settle here scrawney for a couple years so you can get used to US accents and then talk to Shawn Cool

Lol maybe I will, but one of you better not talk to her while I'm settling in Wink
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:00 am

Scrawney wrote:
dallascowboy76 wrote:the only accents i can recognize in the northern states are Boston accents, Manhattan accents, and other ones i can't remember. Maybe you should settle here scrawney for a couple years so you can get used to US accents and then talk to Shawn Cool

Lol maybe I will, but one of you better not talk to her while I'm settling in Wink

Oh, we won't, not even if we get the chance............... Twisted Evil Walks off chuckling.
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:05 am

alcazar wrote:Or we could instigate a programme where all Americans have to learn to talk, and write, proper English. Very Happy

LOL! Yeah we have pretty much brutalized the English language.

However haven't you guys added quite a bit of slang as well? (Just a question really)
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:07 am

On another note, I was looking through a baby name book (don't ask) and Michelle is the girls version of Michael. Therefore I conclude by our previous research that Machel = Michelle. I would put money on it. Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:21 am

White Knight wrote:On another note, I was looking through a baby name book (don't ask) and Michelle is the girls version of Michael. Therefore I conclude by our previous research that Machel = Michelle. I would put money on it. Very Happy

How much?
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:24 am

White Knight wrote:
alcazar wrote:Or we could instigate a programme where all Americans have to learn to talk, and write, proper English. Very Happy

LOL! Yeah we have pretty much brutalized the English language.

However haven't you guys added quite a bit of slang as well? (Just a question really)

Absolutely. Just for a laugh, I'll post a few phrases in common usage from the area I live in the UK, in the "other topics" section.
You Americans can have a look and see how many you can understand. Wink
UK posters: no cheating, but if you live "darn sarf", you might like to have a go too................ Very Happy
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  BackFlip Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:56 am

Hey Guys..
I think I read somewhere that Shawn's mom has the same middle name!
BackFlip
BackFlip
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:33 am

White Knight wrote:On another note, I was looking through a baby name book (don't ask) and Michelle is the girls version of Michael. Therefore I conclude by our previous research that Machel = Michelle. I would put money on it. Very Happy

same

and if it's shawn's mom's name then it most likely is a family name. I would put money on it.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 am

If that is true then it definately is a family name
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Where does Shawn's middle name come from? - Page 2 Empty family name? NO! probably just a female version of Michael ...

Post  farcemaster Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 am

we should like email this entire thread to the newscaster in Des Moines that interviews Shawn from time and time ( Keith Murphy ) - and get him to ask her on air how she pronounces her name...

I had a friend that had a daughter and they named her Machel ... and it was pronounced Michael... which I think is how this is going to wind up being answered...

but my brother , father and Great Grandfather all have the same middle name (Martin) - so not sure Martin is a family name at all - it is JUST A MIDDLE NAME... so it probably is with the name "Machel"

although here is some support that Machel could be pronounced Michelle:

http://dictionary.infoplease.com/machel

although the above link points to a pronunciation of some dude that was running the country of Mozambique, was their political leader: president 1975–86. LOL this is really getting hilarious...

but seriously, we just probably need to contact WHO TV-13’s Sports Director Keith Murphy in Des Moines and get the answer out of him (or ask to ask Shawn to say her FULL name the next time her interviews her on the air) ... lol!
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Now that is THE most brilliant idea I've seen in an age.

Nicole? Godfather? Backflip?
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:15 pm

That is a legendary idea, we should do it. At least it'll get an answer Very Happy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm

yea that is an awesome idea. it would probably be really simple to get it through that sports reporter than anyone else, for the fact that he interviews Shawn all the time.
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Just so I'm clear is that the guy from SoundOff?
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:32 pm

alcazar wrote:

How much?

I have $2 my wallet right now. Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:36 pm

He's a rich man ladies, that's more than I have in mine
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Scrawney wrote:He's a rich man ladies, that's more than I have in mine

Well you guys have pounds of money or something like that....it is so not fair!
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum