ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

+4
Scrawney
Vault
White Knight
alcazar
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where does Shawn's middle name come from? Empty Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

Post  alcazar Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 am

Machel?
When I first saw it I thought it must be a misprint for Rachel, but no, apparently not.
Is it a family name? Like some people get, say, gran's maiden name? Or is it common in the USA?

I've come across some far-out names in the UK, (like Rylan for a boy, and Otele, pronounced Otterly, for a girl), but have never met a Machel
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Where does Shawn's middle name come from? Empty Re: Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

Post  White Knight Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:27 pm

It is just a different spelling of Michelle.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Where does Shawn's middle name come from? Empty Re: Where does Shawn's middle name come from?

Post  Vault Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 pm

White Knight wrote:It is just a different spelling of Michelle.

That's what I've always thought. It might be a family name, idk. My middle name is my mom's maiden name. But I had never heard of Machel until Shawn. So I don't really know. I like it though.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm

I like it too, it's unusual but cool Smile
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:40 pm

An alternative spelling of Michelle? You sure?

I know a lass called Mallery......I asked her if she got the name when her mum was drugged up after giving birth and mis-pronounced Valery...............LOL, I must have a death-wish Twisted Evil

And I used to know a lass called Alpha, her dad taught physics confused
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Alpha? be like naming a naming a kid omega Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 pm

dallascowboy76 wrote:Alpha? be like naming a naming a kid omega Cool

aye, wel thewy were going to have three, Alpha, Beta and Gamma..............but her mum had such a time giving birth that only Alpha ever arrived silent
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:56 pm

You could have worse names: I know a lass called Annette Curtin, LOL, seriously I do Shocked

So..................Shawn's middle name?
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:33 pm

http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-name.php?name=Machel

That's all the info I could find on it but apparently it's a boys name scratch
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Scrawney wrote:http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-name.php?name=Machel

Well Shawn could be a boys name too...maybe her parents thought they were having a boy and didn't want to change the name??? tongue
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:29 am

Maybe, I guess Shawn is also a girls name but the only way would be to ask her parents lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 am

Scrawney wrote:http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-name.php?name=Machel

Well now, that's weird..........her parents gave her two names that are also used for boys, and she turned out to be a bit of a tomboy, climbing on the furniture before throwing herself off........

Coincidence, surely.........................or is it???????????? affraid

Can't find anything on pronunciation, either.
is it to rhyme with Rachel, or like Ma-shell, or like Mackell?
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 am

I think I heard it pronounced as Mackel once but I'm not sure
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 am

Scrawney wrote:I think I heard it pronounced as Mackel once but I'm not sure

OK, those in the USA: pronunciation help, please?
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:49 pm

i thought it was a different way of spelling michelle, but maybe it is like michelia without the ia if you know what i am trying to say

but i'm stickin with michelle. if it is a boy name i would think it's pronounced as michael, since according to that website it is a variation of michael.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Hopefully soon we'll hear Shawn say it herself then that'll clear it up
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Scrawney wrote:Hopefully soon we'll hear Shawn say it herself then that'll clear it up

I guess the only logical solution is for one of us to find her and ask her. And being such the good guy I am....I volunteer to do it, I know it will be tough, but I will bite the bullet and do it. Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 pm

You're a brave man but I fear this mission is too big for one man, I shall come with you to assist you
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 pm

as will i Cool knight and i will start the journey while you fly over. we'll try and stall for you Cool

p.s. maybe Shawn and Machel are names passed down in the Johnson family scratch
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:43 am

Scrawney wrote:Hopefully soon we'll hear Shawn say it herself then that'll clear it up

What, like, "Hello? Scrawney? This is Shawn Machell Johnson..................."

I think you're dreaming again bud Wink
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 am

Lol thanks for stalling her for me Razz. I meant Shawn to say something like "My name is Shawn Machel Johnson and I am an Olympic gold medallist" or something like that. Shawn and Machel could be passed down through the family
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:10 am

Well, I dunno...........ShawnJohnsonFan4ever got two hugs, one in front of 30,000 people, maybe if she hears of you............ Shocked
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 am

lol then she'd be like "Ohh, that guy who's posted way too much on an otherwise awesome forum? Yeah I don't like him. Oh he wants me to say my middle name? Well the answer is no"
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 am

Scrawney wrote:lol then she'd be like "Ohh, that guy who's posted way too much on an otherwise awesome forum? Yeah I don't like him. Oh he wants me to say my middle name? Well the answer is no"

Now let's not be negative...............how do you know she wouldn't say, "Oh, yeah, THAT guy, I'd seriously like to meet him."????????
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Scrawney wrote:lol then she'd be like "Ohh, that guy who's posted way too much on an otherwise awesome forum? Yeah I don't like him. Oh he wants me to say my middle name? Well the answer is no"

Hey wait...your stealing my master plan for getting Shawn to like me.....one day she just has to check out this forum...and on that day, she will see what a great guy I am, and just have to come find me. At which point I will ask her to say her middle name. Don't worry that will be the very first question I ask her..... Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum