ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events...

+4
Scrawney
Matt M
Godfather
farcemaster
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events... Empty Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events...

Post  farcemaster Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:58 pm

I just have noticed that since the Olympics I have heard Shawn has been working hard by appearing at charity events for

flood victims in Ohio, appearing with Ashton Kutcher:

http://www.shadeglobal.com/2008/12/02/johnson-kutcher-to-headline-flood-charity-events/

Children's charity (and visits to children at hospitals) , a black tie affair held recently in Altoona, IA, here are some pics of Shawn:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=D2&Dato=20090108&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=901080806&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

looks like she was autographing the Cherrios box she is appearing on in "limited release" at Hy-Vee stores
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events... Empty Re: Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events...

Post  Godfather Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Shawn has really done a lot to help out with the community, country, and even China in the past year. One of her best traits is that she cares about other people.
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

http://godfatherart.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events... Empty Re: Shawn helps out by appearing at Charity Events...

Post  Matt M Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:47 pm

I personally believe Shawn does all the charity things because she likes that feeling you get after you've done a good deed and also it's publicity which is shaping her public image. All the charity events gives Shawn a positive image which is probably what her sponsors need from her.
Matt M
Matt M
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:04 am

I think that's a part of it but I think she genuinely likes helping out and it's what she believes in
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:46 pm

i'll agree with that but another reason might be all the places she gets to go where the charities are. i mean honestly, who wouldn't like to go around the world for free Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:00 pm

lol She's been most everywhere and back though. I would get tired of it and want to stay home. At least that is in my personal opinion.
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 pm

I can see where you're coming from Godfather, most of her charity appearances have been close to home and especially with the flood relief effort they've been causes she believes in
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:19 pm

now that you put it that way Godfada I see what you mean Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  blisster Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Matt M wrote:I personally believe Shawn does all the charity things because she likes that feeling you get after you've done a good deed and also it's publicity which is shaping her public image. All the charity events gives Shawn a positive image which is probably what her sponsors need from her.
Maybe true but she was helping out with the flood relief stuff which was pre-olympic fame.
blisster
blisster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Exactly, she was affected by the flood too seeing as Chow's got flooded out
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Yeah. I think it was more personal than charitable with the flood thing. The flood deeply impacted her life, as well as a town of people she cares about.
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Exactly right Godfather, I wonder how Chow coped with it all, poor guy had his livelihood flooded
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:56 pm

He does have enough money I think to fix his gym since he got quite a bit from the Olympics and stuff (not as much as Shawn, but he still probably had a good amount of $).
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:55 am

True, I would imagine he gets paid a bit but it must of still been heartbreaking to see the gym flooded
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:24 am

Yeah. It must of been a very emotional experience for him.
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:37 pm

yea and it was also probably emotional to see all of the people that came to help restore his gym.
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:53 am

Yeah, there must be a real sense of community in Iowa
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Man, I wanna live in Iowa where all the people help each other out. Sad
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:14 pm

lol! well according to Shawn, there's plenty of jobs in pharmaceuticals there
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:52 pm

lol! well if you go to the des moines website again you could change it to advertising or ten other things Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:14 am

Surprised no way! Des Moines has it all, I'd love to move there
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:45 pm

i wonder if houses are expensive there?
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Maybe, I mean it is a city but I'm sure you can find some cheap housing there or nearby
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

your future second home in west des moines. just when scratch
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 pm

I'll graduate out of college first and then head on over Very Happy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next