ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English?

+4
kp1089
Scrawney
Vault
alcazar
8 posters

Go down

I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English? Empty I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English?

Post  alcazar Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:35 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26388705@N05/2879133583/in/set-72157606685195364/

Have a look at the title for that photo.

Shouldn't it read "have been"?

Tsk, tsk, how careless Shawn Rolling Eyes
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English? Empty Re: I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English?

Post  Vault Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:17 am

Yes, it's supposed to say "should have been" instead of "should of been" but hey, we all make mistakes.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English? Empty Re: I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English?

Post  Scrawney Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:35 am

Don't! I'm always doing that and my ex (who was from a really middle class family) used to always correct me mid-sentence
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 am

So.............if English is her BEST subject, yet she makes a fairly basic mistake like that, what can we surmise?

Either..........the American education system is equally as poor as it's English equivalent, Very Happy or
.............someone's been not telling us the truth about how bright Shawn is? Crying or Very sad
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:53 am

alcazar wrote:So.............if English is her BEST subject, yet she makes a fairly basic mistake like that, what can we surmise?

Either..........the American education system is equally as poor as it's English equivalent, Very Happy or
.............someone's been not telling us the truth about how bright Shawn is? Crying or Very sad

american education is equally as poor as it's english equivalent for sure. no child left behind!!
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 pm

kp1089 wrote:
alcazar wrote:So.............if English is her BEST subject, yet she makes a fairly basic mistake like that, what can we surmise?

american education is equally as poor as it's english equivalent for sure. no child left behind!!

Yeah.we call it "Every child matters" Rolling Eyes
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

I thought Shawn reckoned to be good at English? Empty mispelling, thinking phonetically maybe?

Post  farcemaster Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

maybe this is why she should finish high school Wink

but I catch myself after reading a post - seeing I misspelled something or had a word [or two] missing... one post, I meant to say "won" and wrote "one"... so maybe in her mind she heard herself saying what she was going to write and wrote something maybe phonetically correct but grammatically wrong? just a theory of blogging too fast .

Right here on this post - I misspelled two words, the electronic editor here on the BBS flags the word with red underlining and I fixed it before posting.

Hey this is sort off topic (but the blog I wrote "one" instead of "won" was Shawn's blog on her website (not here) - the new DWTS thread and pointed out that her Dance Partner Mark Ballas (I might have called him Steve by accident) has helped a celebrity win before and that she should watch youtube clips of the show to see how judges reacted to Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark's routine when they won - but my blog entry was taken down - have any of you ever seen that happen on Shawn's blog - are there overzealous editors over there? Maybe I shouldn't have volunteered to be her dance partner if she needs one (I am not as tall as Mark Ballas - closer to Shawn's height than he is!) ... Cool

Last edited by farcemaster on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : misspelled something)
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with how good she is with English or not. She was probably uploading a bunch of pictures and writing stuff quickly....if it was even her uploading them. It all depends on the environment, people get lazy with their grammar on the internet....and considering how many other things she had going on in her life, I would assume that what she writes on the net, is not at the top of her concerns.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:36 pm

White Knight wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with how good she is with English or not. She was probably uploading a bunch of pictures and writing stuff quickly....if it was even her uploading them. It all depends on the environment, people get lazy with their grammar on the internet....and considering how many other things she had going on in her life, I would assume that what she writes on the net, is not at the top of her concerns.
I agree. I know I generally don't pay as much attention or care very much when i'm typing, and not writing it out.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:23 pm

i saw this one pic and it was with "fellow coke friend" and i was like hell to the no, shawn can't do coke she's an elite athlete!
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 pm

rofl lets hope it stays that way.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Scrawney wrote:Don't! I'm always doing that and my ex (who was from a really middle class family) used to always correct me mid-sentence

Haha. I'm just like your ex. I correct people's grammar all the time. Grammar is one of my pet peeves. I'm always correcting my friends and they hate it!
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I do that sometimes, but its more just to bug them lol. Razz
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Vault wrote:
Scrawney wrote:Don't! I'm always doing that and my ex (who was from a really middle class family) used to always correct me mid-sentence

Haha. I'm just like your ex. I correct people's grammar all the time. Grammar is one of my pet peeves. I'm always correcting my friends and they hate it!

when i see something written that has a grammar error, i fix it using all those fancy editing marks. i don't correct people in normal conversation though.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  nurges Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:14 pm

hahah like this hear is tottally what i was thinkin when i saws this the first time.
nurges
nurges
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm

nurges wrote:hahah like this hear is tottally what i was thinkin when i saws this the first time.

for a second i thought you were serious. Laughing

lyke there is lots of words in our english speaking, for real dough. how do i know when i be using them wrong verbs and such things as?
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:34 pm

kp1089 wrote:
nurges wrote:hahah like this hear is tottally what i was thinkin when i saws this the first time.

for a second i thought you were serious. Laughing

lyke there is lots of words in our english speaking, for real dough. how do i know when i be using them wrong verbs and such things as?

I believe you mean, "Like, there are a lot of words in the English language, for real, though. How do I know when I'm using the wrong verbs and the like?"

Man, if you guys keep talking like that, it's going to get really old really fast.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:44 pm

no i am not going to keep doing that. i was just on facebook, saw some comments, and was instantly inspired by them in all of their terrible grammar glory.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Vault man, you better never take up playing online computer games lol.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down