ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Shawn Blog.

+8
nurges
Kyle Loves SJ
alcazar
dallascowboy76
Godfather
Vault
Scrawney
White Knight
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Shawn Blog. - Page 3 Empty Re: New Shawn Blog.

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 am

Most of the UK winners have been men but Rachel Stevens got to the final last year and she's titchy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 am

alcazar wrote:
David K wrote:
Vault wrote:I'm just trying to stay optimistic about her winning! =D But win or not, she's gonna give the other competitors a run for their money. I mean, she's at least an active person. Some of the other people aren't. I mean, she's an elite Olympian and some of them are just singers, comedians, etc. She'll have the upper hand on that.
I agree she would have an edge on them and look at how flexable she is lol. And since when did being tall and long legged be a must to be able to dance?

Not a must, no, but MOST if not ALL the winners of the UK event have come out of that mold.
And how many 5 foot dancers do you reckon there are in Vegas?
Thats a totally different type of dancer though.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am

David K wrote:
alcazar wrote:
David K wrote:
Vault wrote:I'm just trying to stay optimistic about her winning! =D But win or not, she's gonna give the other competitors a run for their money. I mean, she's at least an active person. Some of the other people aren't. I mean, she's an elite Olympian and some of them are just singers, comedians, etc. She'll have the upper hand on that.
I agree she would have an edge on them and look at how flexable she is lol. And since when did being tall and long legged be a must to be able to dance?

Not a must, no, but MOST if not ALL the winners of the UK event have come out of that mold.
And how many 5 foot dancers do you reckon there are in Vegas?
Thats a totally different type of dancer though.

yeah that kind of dancer doesnt necessarily need a partner
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  nurges Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Competition will be close no matter what, they are all amateurs. I don't think height would matter at a level of that sort.
nurges
nurges
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:36 pm

White Knight wrote:
kp1089 wrote:

yeah that kind of dancer doesnt necessarily need a partner

Doesn't need but will take one for about $20...

Hey wait, what are we talking about???????? Very Happy

And yes most professional dancers are tall.
lolol yea most are tall, atleast all the ones i've seen(which would be almost none rofl).
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:57 pm

My mum and sister went to see the tour of the British version and said that most are fairly small with a couple of tall ones there but my grandma (ex amateur dancer) said that the smaller you are, the better it is because you can hit the steps quicker
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:36 pm

I've heard the smaller you are, the better. This one girl at my school is probably about 4'5" and she's crazy good. But then again she's been dancing since she was like 4.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  farcemaster Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:05 pm

I posted this in the DWTS , part 2 thread but thought it might spur some other posts, if I repost it here:

by farcemaster Today at 2:10

hey I read the heads up on the main page here which had links up to pics of Shawn and her newly assigned dance partner Mark Ballas.... I read he was like 5' 8" ... one of the shorter male dancers - so that is good for Shawn and I also read that when he was Kristi Yamaguchi dance partner they WON.

Sounds all good for Shawn... and Kristi of course was a gold olympic medalist as well... so Mark will be used to be around people that want to strive to be their best. ... Kristi said he was a good teacher.

so far so good for Shawn I think Cool
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 pm

farcemaster wrote:I posted this in the DWTS , part 2 thread but thought it might spur some other posts, if I repost it here:

by farcemaster Today at 2:10

hey I read the heads up on the main page here which had links up to pics of Shawn and her newly assigned dance partner Mark Ballas.... I read he was like 5' 8" ... one of the shorter male dancers - so that is good for Shawn and I also read that when he was Kristi Yamaguchi dance partner they WON.

Sounds all good for Shawn... and Kristi of course was a gold olympic medalist as well... so Mark will be used to be around people that want to strive to be their best. ... Kristi said he was a good teacher.

so far so good for Shawn I think Cool

yes very good. and she was recently predicted to finish at least 2nd according to the article on the home page. good stuff!
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3