ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mall of America

2 posters

Go down

The Mall of America Empty The Mall of America

Post  alcazar Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:12 am

Anyone been? I wonder if Shawn has been, being as she loves shopping and it's fairly close to WDM?

I keep reading about it in novels, is it really as big as they say?
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

The Mall of America Empty Re: The Mall of America

Post  farcemaster Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 pm

alcazar wrote:Anyone been? I wonder if Shawn has been, being as she loves shopping and it's fairly close to WDM?

I keep reading about it in novels, is it really as big as they say?

I have cousins that live in that area... but one of my older cousin's has a husband that refuses to set foot in the mall... he is not into commercial excess...

It is about 4 times the size of normal mall... has a amusement park inside complete with a roller coaster - a bit absurd... it has all the same stores normal malls have - but it goes on and on forever

I heard it was built by Canadians/designed by them - since winters are harsher up there - they need wide open spaces during the winter time and not have to experience it in -10F weather pirat

I also heard people fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul just for a shopping expedition and there are tour buses parked in various locations in the immense parking lot there...
farcemaster
farcemaster
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:02 pm

The nicest on e I know of in the UK is in Milton Keynes: built on a grid system, it has one open area with a HUGE oak tree in it, plus another long side with floor to ceiling glass facing south, and loads of tropical trees and stuff growing all down the middle. Interesting.
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down