ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

+8
nurges
Vault
White Knight
Godfather
dallascowboy76
David K
totorr
Scrawney
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Video Games Empty Video Games

Post  Scrawney Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:38 am

I've seen that a lot of people (including myself) have talked about video games in a number of posts so I thought I'd start a thread where anyone can talk about anything video game related. I'll kick things off, my copy of Madden 09 was finally dispatched today so I should be winning the Super Bowl pretty soon Very Happy
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Video Games Empty Re: Video Games

Post  totorr Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 am

The only way I can play video games is my computer, but I rarely play
I used to have The Sims 2, but my brother broke the DVD and Half Life: Anthology which I bought 1 year ago has a big bug, so I can't use it Evil or Very Mad
Is there a curse on me ? lol!
totorr
totorr
Beginner

http://shawn-johnson-fan.skyrock.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Scrawney wrote:I've seen that a lot of people (including myself) have talked about video games in a number of posts so I thought I'd start a thread where anyone can talk about anything video game related. I'll kick things off, my copy of Madden 09 was finally dispatched today so I should be winning the Super Bowl pretty soon Very Happy
I played madden 08 a few times and found it pretty fun, but I like my fps,rpgs and rts games more. Most of all World of Warcraft or Halo 3.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 pm

I like fps, rpg and rts games too and I'm still struggling my way through final fantasy XII. I've never played WoW in case I got addicted but I've heard it's fun. Looking at my collection of PS3 games most of them are sports with the odd party game and driving game thrown in
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm

the 360 is way better. just putting that out there. madden is one of the best sports games i've played. call of duty is one of the best war games Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:52 pm

I was going to get a 360 but I have a ton of PS2 games that I'd kept after my PS2 died so I got a PS3 instead. I prefer COD4 to COD5 but I was impressed that 5 was still a great game despite being made by different people.
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:57 pm

I do perfer the 360 myself, and COD4 is my favorite war game, but Halo 3 has it beat when it comes to online play.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm

I've never played Halo 3 online but COD4 online is crazy, I swear no-one has a clue what's going on
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Nice to see someone made a topic on this. Very Happy
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

http://godfatherart.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 pm

yea i agree scrawney, COD 4 and 5 are just crazy online Shocked
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Oh great....now I have more of an excuse not to leave...... Mad

You are talking to the guy with almost every gaming system known to main. I am not going to list them all, because that may give something away about me..... Smile

Anyways I have a very serious Madden addiction...really I play that game way way too much. I finally pulled myself away and am no stuck playing NHL 09. The "Be A Pro" mode is pretty fun...I'm currently playing for the Iowa Chops in the minors...I have no idea why I chose Iowa Wink

I am also trying to finish up GTA 4, however I keep getting sidetracked on the missions and just go off killing people.....something is seriously wrong with me!!! bounce
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:47 am

White Knight wrote:Oh great....now I have more of an excuse not to leave...... Mad

You are talking to the guy with almost every gaming system known to main. I am not going to list them all, because that may give something away about me..... Smile

Anyways I have a very serious Madden addiction...really I play that game way way too much. I finally pulled myself away and am no stuck playing NHL 09. The "Be A Pro" mode is pretty fun...I'm currently playing for the Iowa Chops in the minors...I have no idea why I chose Iowa Wink

I am also trying to finish up GTA 4, however I keep getting sidetracked on the missions and just go off killing people.....something is seriously wrong with me!!! bounce

White Knight, I'm exactly the same. Madden 09 was on my doormat, freshly delivered as I woke up this morning so I was pretty happy to say the least lol. I didn't get NHL 09 but I played the demo and it is just amazing and I'm glad to hear you chose Iowa Razz.

It took me a good 3 months to finish GTA 4 mainly because I went off on a killing spree every 10 minutes but then everytime I went to do a mission I'd get a phone call from one of my women or Roman asking me to take them out. The storyline is great though!
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 pm

I'm loving Madden already. Started a franchise as the Giants (I know I'm a Pats fan but they're too highly rated and I like a challenge). Things are going well and Eli just gave Favre a QB masterclass, with a little help from Burress although it was only in pre-season
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Scrawney wrote:I'm loving Madden already. Started a franchise as the Giants (I know I'm a Pats fan but they're too highly rated and I like a challenge). Things are going well and Eli just gave Favre a QB masterclass, with a little help from Burress although it was only in pre-season

Hold up, you wanted a challenge, so you took the only team to beat the Pat's last year? You should have used the Lions or Chiefs..... Very Happy
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:39 am

Hey, I'm not a miracle worker Very Happy. I'm enjoying being the Giants but I've started another franchise as the pats lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm not much of a sports game kind of guy. I mean, why play a video game of it when you can just go out and play it yourself with some friends? Anyways, I prefer FPSs. I also think the 360 is better, but on the other hand, MGS is probably my all time favorite game series and MGS4 is only on the PS3. But I also haven't played much on the PS3 so I can't say a lot of negative things or positive things about it for that matter.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:39 am

The MGS series is good but you need a lot of patience to sit through the cutscenes. I've got no right to comment on the PS3 vs 360 seeing as I haven't played a 360 for more than 10 minutes at a time but the PS3 definately has some flaws but it also has some great advantages too and besides 90% of the games come out for both consoles
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:00 pm

the only thing i see fitting in a PS3 is that you don't have to pay to play online. That's the one thing i hate about the 360, other than that, it's freakin sweet Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 am

Free online is good but it takes a while to connect and I've never been able to play against people on my friends list for some reason
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Watching Big Bang Theory has made me want to try MMO gaming, the things TV does to me lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:07 pm

x-box live is rather cheap lol. I play World of Warcraft which is almost 100 bucks for 6 months versus like 50-60 for a year of live.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Might give it a go, I'm looking at Guild Wars because it's free and will save money at college lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Guild Wars isn't bad but its just a knock off of WoW which currently no MMO can compete with, pc or console.
Thats basically how AoC and Warhammer turned out too.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  nurges Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 pm

If you wanna try Guild Wars talk to me first, I can let you use my account before you buy it. That's the only mmo on my list cause frankly, how do you kill which that has no life according to south park. Fifa is the only game i own that is sports because I play soccer all the rest: FPS. I've got cod and Left 4 Dead which are newest, check those out if ya get a chance. Guild Wars and wow are two differnt games. Guild Wars is more competitive as oppose to WoW where you are getting 60 people on a raid.

Last edited by nurges on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
nurges
nurges
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:15 pm

CoD 4, CoD 5 and Left 4 Dead are good games, the only thing I found is Left 4 Dead isn't nearly as much fun solo.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next