ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bowl!!!!

+5
gymnast21
Godfather
Scrawney
David K
White Knight
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Super Bowl!!!! Empty Super Bowl!!!!

Post  White Knight Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Two teams enter, one team leaves......okay so they both leave.....but only one with a trophy. Any thoughts on the game? The commercials? The fact that little miss Shawn will be there??
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl!!!! Empty Re: Super Bowl!!!!

Post  David K Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Makes me wish I had bought tickets lol...I can't wait to see the steelers defense stomp all over the cardinals.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:29 am

I entered a competition with VIP tickets and flights thrown in but I didn't win Sad I might have met Shawn if I won. Personally, I'm split as who to root for because I like the whole underdog thing they've got going and I like their offense but then I rooted for the Steelers at XL and of course Shawn's for them so I dunno. My prediction is 21-17 to the Steelers
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:26 pm

This year I'm not rooting for either team. I'm just going to enjoy the game, and the commercials. Very Happy
Godfather
Godfather
Chow

http://godfatherart.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gymnast21 Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:32 pm

i am a HUGE steelers fan!! Very Happy im super excitied to see them make the superbowl....for the 6th time (they won all 5 times, and they will win this 6th one too)! i think the score will be 24-10 steelers. like David K said, i also hope to see their deffense crush the cardinals. But the cardinals have Larry Fitzgareld with will be interesting to see him come across our deffense. Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, and Willie Parker are my favorite and i know they will be great on sunday! i read a interview that shawn is hoping the steelers will win, it said she has been to pittsburgh and likes the team.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

gymnast21
Rookie

http://www.shawnjohnson.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:07 pm

i absolutely hate the steelers!!! i don't like the cardinals either, i hope they win though, even though they won't. steelers are going to kill them Crying or Very sad i'll probably just enjoy like Godfada. hope the commercials are going to be good. my prediction: 27-13 Steelers Mad
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Well my Bears aren't in it, so I am rooting for the Steelers only because I don't want to see Warner win and them show him and his "wired hair man goblin" hugging on the sidelines.

I think the Steelers are going to kill the Cardinals.....however, I wont be surprised if the Cards win. Somehow they show up when everyone thinks they are out.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 am

After the Patriots didn't make the playoffs I wanted the Giants to go all the way so neither of my picks did anything lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm rooting for the Steelers using this logic; a) The Cardinals took my team out of it so there's no way I'm rooting for them. b) I know people who are Steelers fans and I don't know ANY Cardinals fans. C) That's who Shawn is rooting for. Very Happy
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:20 pm

I think it'll be a tight game either way. There better be some good commercials this year, usually they show a few of them over here
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Vault wrote:b) I know people who are Steelers fans and I don't know ANY Cardinals fans. C) That's who Shawn is rooting for. Very Happy

Now I have two things to say. A) totally agree with you vault, i have never seen a cardinals fan in my life....or a texans fan...or a bengals fan. B) I know shawn is rooting for the steelers. i'll have to live with that. but isn't she a vikings fan? she said in the SoundOff interview that she was for the giants originally, but wern't the vikings in the playoffs too??? hmmmm. Neutral
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:46 am

dallascowboy76 wrote:
Vault wrote:b) I know people who are Steelers fans and I don't know ANY Cardinals fans. C) That's who Shawn is rooting for. Very Happy

Now I have two things to say. A) totally agree with you vault, i have never seen a cardinals fan in my life....or a texans fan...or a bengals fan. B) I know shawn is rooting for the steelers. i'll have to live with that. but isn't she a vikings fan? she said in the SoundOff interview that she was for the giants originally, but wern't the vikings in the playoffs too??? hmmmm. Neutral

Yeah I found that strange too. Maybe she was rooting for the Vikings up until they were beaten and then went for the Giants?
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:42 pm

dallascowboy76 wrote:

I've never seen a Texans fan or Bengals fan either lol. And about Shawn, maybe she likes lots of teams? I mean, Eagles are my favorite, hands down, but I also like the Giants and Colts. So maybe she doesn't actually have a "favorite."
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:17 am

dallascowboy76 wrote:

She's a Vikings fan??? No no no........we can't stand for that, not one of my most hated teams in the league, why doesn't she just become a Packers fan and completely rip my heart out and stomp on it until it stops beating.

Mad
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:46 am

lol she must like loads of teams. Kinda like me, I mean Pats are my favorites but then there's the Giants, the Colts and the Cowboys - I really don't like them because they're successful Razz
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Okay I switched back and forth on who I was rooting for....however, at the end of the game, how could the ref not go and look at that last play????? I know the announcers said it was looked at, but come on, the ref needed to go over and actually look, not just the booth. I think that was pretty close to not being a fumble!

On another note...did anyone notice the school Hartwig said in the intro's? West Des Moines Valley High School. I know he went there, but just thought it was funny he said it....LOL.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:38 am

There were so many bad calls during that game imo and the amount of penalties ruined it somewhat but I can't deny that it was a great finish; maybe not as good as Pats vs Giants last year but pretty close. I totally agree that the last fumble wasn't a fumble at all, I swear Warner's hand was coming forward at the time of contact but I guesss there's nothing we can do. I genuinely thought the Cardinals were going to do it when Fitzgerald got in for the touchdown but I think at least in terms of possession and dominance the right team won.

lol! I was so shocked when he said that, it clearly had a good effect on him because he didn't say the name of his college unlike Santonio "The Ohio State" Holmes Razz
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Also, what was everyones views on Bruce Springsteen's performance? I thought he was good on the whole but he didn't sing some of the classics like Born in the USA and he did get tired towards the end of his set
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:33 pm

i'm sure he would of sang born in the USA if he had time to fit it in. he only had 12 minutes though, and one of the main reasons he did the halftime show was to promote his new cd.
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:02 am

That's true, a lot of the songs were from that. Over here, his cd got to #1 in the album chart; I think it was a mix of The Wrestler and the halftime show that got it to #1
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Well i'm not a Springsteen fan, so I can't fairly comment. But most people I talked to did not like it....
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 pm

i'm not a big fan either, just listen occasionally. but Springsteen was probably one of the best choices for the super bowl. it was really funny though when he slid right into the camera as he was sliding towards it Cool
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:08 am

lol! that was hilarious, I kept thinking "oh he's going to stop soon... no he really is going to stop, oh wait there goes the camera"
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:07 am

I didn't see it, did Shawn do anything? Did you get to see her on TV?

I've never understood American "football" anyway............ Crying or Very sad Or baseball............... Crying or Very sad
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:37 am

They didn't show Shawn and I thought they would have done because they showed a few celebrities who were at the game. I wasn't a fan of American Football up until I was about 13 because I didn't understand it but once you watch it for a few months and see the draft then you have a good understanding
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next