ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn has changed quite a lot in a year

+6
dallascowboy76
White Knight
totorr
Scrawney
Kyle Loves SJ
alcazar
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shawn has changed quite a lot in a year - Page 2 Empty Re: Shawn has changed quite a lot in a year

Post  White Knight Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 am

alcazar wrote:
White Knight wrote:
alcazar wrote:]

Shawn got a SPEEDING TICKET????????????????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What police officer was cruel enough to give the lovely SHAWN a ticket? Shocked Very Happy

Yes. Which isn't all that bad....I mean i've received.....hold on....1,2,3,4...um...some.

If you lived in the UK you'd have a driving ban now............. Sad

Each ticket is £60 MINIMUM and 3 points on your license, (permit) MINIMUM. Get to 12 and you've lost the license.
Points don't count any more after 3 years, so 12 or more in a 3 years streatch, and you've had it.

I think I have only received 2 or 3 tickets and one was for not wearing a seat belt. Plus they were a number of years apart.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn has changed quite a lot in a year - Page 2 Empty Re: Shawn has changed quite a lot in a year

Post  alcazar Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:04 pm

THAT carries points too, as does using a cell phone while driving.

And there are cameras EVERYWHERE: between Dover and my home, 240 miles, there are over 30 FIXED ones, and loads of mobile sites Evil or Very Mad

Not to mention the SPECS cameras used to measure average speed over 10 miles or so, to enforce lower limits through motorway, (toll road) roadworks.
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 pm

man i would hate to drive in the UK Laughing
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:21 pm

It's not great, we're not as driver friendly as the US lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:45 pm

on second thought i guess that's not bad. probably cause a decrease in accidents.
dallascowboy76
dallascowboy76
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:34 pm

There aren't many if any cameras here. But when I was in Texas it seemed like they were everywhere on every corner.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 pm

I miss the old Shawn before everyone knew her name and she had that cutesy priceless smile
Thats what was one of my favorite things about Shawn that and her floor routine (Both Heaven, and Highway Blues)

disneydance
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:20 am

dallascowboy76 wrote:on second thought i guess that's not bad. probably cause a decrease in accidents.

Well, so the so-called safety camera partnerships say. But others have just as compelling statistics that prove that not only do they NOT lower the number of accidents, in some cases they CAUSE accidents, (eg: driver on motorway sees one, brakes hard just in case, someone rear-ends him, or has to swerve out of the way.

Funny thing: the county that uses NO speed cameras also has the lowest accident rate in the UK...........
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2