Who is going to be the next Shawn?

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who is going to be the next Shawn?

Post  alcazar on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:18 am

Given that London 2012 is a long time, and that Shawn will be 20 by then, she'll be the "old lady" of the team, IF she goes at all. A bit like Alicia this time, although I'd hope Shawn would have better luck. (I also hope Alicia has put that lot behind her, another smashing girl).

So.............?

Becca Bross would apparently have gone in 2008, but was only 15, even she will be 19, which isn't young for a world-class gymnast.
The chances of Nastia going again at 22 are remote to zero, so who's waiting "in the wings"?

Dificult to say, as I bet 99.99% of people even on here didn't know who Shawn was in 2004/5.
alcazar
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is going to be the next Shawn?

Post  Scrawney on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:15 pm

I saw an interview with this girl, Michelle Wayne who was sort of like Shawn but I don't think she's as good
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:59 pm

USA? What sort of age?
alcazar
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:11 pm

a lot of people have said that rebecca bross is the most likely candidate to lead the US in the next quad. i know that she has developed knee injuries lately... i remember hearing she had surgery! but who knows? maybe there will be someone who shows up in 2011, and wins all the major competitions like shawn did.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Yeah there's always an evolution where a new talent comes through and does well during competitions
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:27 pm

I think we should wait till nationals this year before we make our guess...
But it sound like NBC is already portraying Jordyn Weiber as the next big thing...
She already has an Amanar I believe she can now through a Double Double off UB so maybe her...
I have a feeling she will burn out kinda like Kristal Uzelac
Maybe Kamerin Moore
Seriously no way till tell till about Nationals this year when the rest of the new crop comes in...

disneydance
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:23 pm

disneydance wrote:I think we should wait till nationals this year before we make our guess...
But it sound like NBC is already portraying Jordyn Weiber as the next big thing...
She already has an Amanar I believe she can now through a Double Double off UB so maybe her...
Maybe Kamerin Moore
Seriously no way till tell till about Nationals this year when the rest of the new crop comes in...

You lost me after "I" Very Happy
White Knight
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:48 pm

double double off UB is a double backflip with two twists off uneven bars i believe...but what is an Amanar?
mikeD
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:58 pm

[quote="mikeD"]
double double off UB is a double backflip with two twists off uneven bars i believe...but what is an Amanar?

simple...not a double double Laughing
dallascowboy76
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:43 pm

mikeD wrote:

Shawns vault a 2 1/2 Twisting Yurchencho

Simon Amanar was the first to compete it so its called the Amanar Smile

disneydance
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:44 pm

White Knight wrote:
disneydance wrote:I think we should wait till nationals this year before we make our guess...
Maybe Kamerin Moore

Oops sorry its my opinon Smile

disneydance
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 pm

disneydance wrote:
White Knight wrote:
Maybe Kamerin Moore

i agree with what you said, no telling until nationals. until then, it's all speculation. i've heard of jordyn weiber, she's 11 years old, correct? so that would make her 16 in the next olympic year! perfect. she's done pretty well from what i've seen/read and i hope she wont burn out before the next olympics. good post, thanks!
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 pm

I honestly don't keep up with the other gymnasts very much. Neutral
Vault
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:21 pm

i am apart of other gymnastic websites, but i dont post because all the people on them seem to have personal experience with gymnastics and are really knowledgeable. that is pretty much the only way i keep up with it.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 pm

kp1089 wrote:
disneydance wrote:
White Knight wrote:
Maybe Kamerin Moore

i agree with what you said, no telling until nationals. until then, it's all speculation. i've heard of jordyn weiber, she's 11 years old, correct? so that would make her 16 in the next olympic year! perfect. she's done pretty well from what i've seen/read and i hope she wont burn out before the next olympics. good post, thanks!

Yes she is 13 I believe so very young...
She has so many high caliber skills which is a bit crazy for her age
She is the Junior National champion and trains at Gedderts under John Gedderts
She is competiting at Scam here in few weeks so that will be her NBC debut
Kamerin Moore her team mate is also 13 and rising up pretty quickly its her first year on the national team and many are predicting she will be apart of the team in 2012
Only thing is she recently lost her dad and shes really struggling
Rebecca Bross is from WOGA and won the nationals in 2007 but was out with an ankle injury last nationals
She is a senior now but is injured this season with a knee injury and is coached by Valeri Liukin (Nastia dad/coach)
She also has been expected to be the next big thing but I think she may be burning out quickly...
I look foward to Junior Nationals this year to see the new names... I'm planning on going to JO Nationals this year since there in a town near me so I hope to see the newbies there also

disneydance
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:41 pm

kp1089 wrote:i am apart of other gymnastic websites, but i dont post because all the people on them seem to have personal experience with gymnastics and are really knowledgeable. that is pretty much the only way i keep up with it.

Dont worry I dont have much personal experience in the elite world...
I was a member of TOPS for 3 years but that my only experiece on Karolyi soil
We had one Olympian from my gym and the time I was there and even at that he had moved to train Colorado Springs at the time
He also was there when he made the Olympic team so our gym isnt thought to be an "Elite" gym
Only a gym which started out an Olympian
I get rude encounter on WWGYM all the time
People seem to dislike me there since I'm younger and dont have the best vocab...
People are a bit nicer to me on intlgymnast....

disneydance
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:38 am

Nowt like that on here, we all get on and there is a just a bit of ribbing goes on, but nothing nasty.
alcazar
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:04 am

that's why i do not post on wwgym, i just read! people have good opinions and all, but i know that due to my lack of knowledge i would get destroyed lol. i am planning on watching any footage from jr nationals i can get to see who's coming up.

i like posting here because, as i'm sure you will find, the people are more chill and don't bash you if you have a different opinion.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Yeah, I like here. I posted on a couple of videos on youtube and suddenly I got comments from 9/11 conspiracy theorists saying I was part of the New World Order and threatening things.
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Scrawney wrote:Yeah, I like here. I posted on a couple of videos on youtube and suddenly I got comments from 9/11 conspiracy theorists saying I was part of the New World Order and threatening things.

LOL........no I think that might be me Wink
alcazar
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:54 pm

kp1089 wrote:that's why i do not post on wwgym, i just read! people have good opinions and all, but i know that due to my lack of knowledge i would get destroyed lol. i am planning on watching any footage from jr nationals i can get to see who's coming up.

i like posting here because, as i'm sure you will find, the people are more chill and don't bash you if you have a different opinion.

here its only the people that know way too much about Shawn that get made fun of. but only because the rest of us are too ashamed to admit the full extent of our knowledge Wink
mikeD
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  disneydance on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:45 pm

mikeD wrote:
kp1089 wrote:that's why i do not post on wwgym, i just read! people have good opinions and all, but i know that due to my lack of knowledge i would get destroyed lol. i am planning on watching any footage from jr nationals i can get to see who's coming up.

here its only the people that know way too much about Shawn that get made fun of. but only because the rest of us are too ashamed to admit the full extent of our knowledge Wink

lol I plenty about Shawn lol
Annia Hatch was my favorite when I was younger I remember cheering her on all the time lol
Then I knew lots about her and Carly of course lol
Most people dont know about my secret gymnastics abbsession they thought got over that when I put my grips up lol
So I enjoy going on forum where people have the same intrest as me lol

disneydance
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:26 pm

disneydance wrote:
mikeD wrote:

lol I plenty about Shawn lol
Annia Hatch was my favorite when I was younger I remember cheering her on all the time lol
Then I knew lots about her and Carly of course lol
Most people dont know about my secret gymnastics abbsession they thought got over that when I put my grips up lol
So I enjoy going on forum where people have the same intrest as me lol

i just came back from the bathroom this evening and the guy i was studying with says
"by the way Mark came in and said you're a freak for being obsessed with gymnasts"
i found that kind of amusing...
mikeD
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:34 pm

mikeD wrote:
i just came back from the bathroom this evening and the guy i was studying with says
"by the way Mark came in and said you're a freak for being obsessed with gymnasts"

It's okay, you are among other freaks here Wink
White Knight
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeD on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 pm

White Knight wrote:
mikeD wrote:

It's okay, you are among other freaks here Wink

although for him that was almost nice, i've never heard him talk without either insults or threats...i just found it strange that in the space of about a minute he would come in my room, insult me without me being there, and then leave confused lol
mikeD
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next