ShawnJohnsonFan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck.

+5
Matt M
Scrawney
Vault
White Knight
alcazar
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck. Empty Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck.

Post  alcazar Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:23 am

Before you all go off on one, I mean she's so lucky to have been born in the USA.
Your media still seem to be feting her, and rightly so.
Over here in the land of the tabloid newspaper, (and I use the term "newspaper" loosely), and the so-called celbrity mags, they'd already have started pulling the poor kid to bits.
"Not gone back to school, her grades must be slipping, is she putting on weight?, is she actaully pregnant?," (this last caused by the strange high-waisted dresses young girls seem to favour). Believe me they'd have her shredded by now.
Nice to see the American media still love her, and long may it last.

That's not to say there haven't been one or two negative comments over there, but hey, there's always jealous folk.

If it looks like I'm a bit negative about the UK at the mo...............that's 'cos I am Mad
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck. Empty Re: Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck.

Post  White Knight Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:08 am

I was actually thinking the US media had died down on any coverage of her, good or bad. It is mostly just press releases from her pub or from apperances she is making. Most of the news now seems to be from the Internet not necassarly "media". Some of that has been mean, but I think they are looking for something bad on her, when there is nothing, but they have to because of their own issues.

I wanted to write more but it's slow on the iPhone! LOL
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck. Empty Re: Shawn Johnson...............just sheer luck.

Post  Vault Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:07 am

Media over here hasn't been too bad for her. When she got back from the Olympics, everyone wanted her face on their product. But now they seem to have died down. But she's seems to be making more appearances than endorsements.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 am

The US media is just as proud of their Olympians as we were of ours but I think she is still lucky to be born in the USA because it's my favourite place lol. She does seem to be making a lot of appearances so her popularity is still extremely high
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:35 am

Exactly. So people are still interested in her. Can't say I blame them! Razz
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 am

Lol, me neither. This forum shows how much people are still interested seeing as more people are signing up to it. Imagine if Shawn actually came on here, now that'd be amazing
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt M Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:42 am

White Knight wrote:I was actually thinking the US media had died down on any coverage of her, good or bad. It is mostly just press releases from her pub or from apperances she is making. Most of the news now seems to be from the Internet not necassarly "media". Some of that has been mean, but I think they are looking for something bad on her, when there is nothing, but they have to because of their own issues.

The Internet is a form of media just to be clear. Tabloid magazines excel at twisting reality and just flat out lying so it isn't a surprise they would bring up questions like is Shawn pregnant.
Matt M
Matt M
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 am

Yeah, that rumor about her being pregnant is ridiculous. She loves the sport too much to do something like that.
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:57 am

lol she doesn't even look pregnant
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:00 am

Matt M wrote:
White Knight wrote:I was actually thinking the US media had died down on any coverage of her, good or bad. It is mostly just press releases from her pub or from apperances she is making. Most of the news now seems to be from the Internet not necassarly "media". Some of that has been mean, but I think they are looking for something bad on her, when there is nothing, but they have to because of their own issues.

The Internet is a form of media just to be clear. Tabloid magazines excel at twisting reality and just flat out lying so it isn't a surprise they would bring up questions like is Shawn pregnant.

Fair enough. My point was more the people I see bashing her are on blogs and such
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 am

Errrrrrrrrr, just before anyone gets the wrong idea, I haven't actually SEEN any tabloid asking "is she pregnant?", just that it's the sort of rubbish they DO print.
Then try proving not Crying or Very sad
A bit like: "OK, Mr Smith, have you stopped beating up your wife yet?", you get what I'm saying?

Anyways, your media seem a lot kinder than ours.................mind, ours are scum, so...........
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Ours are really bad, if a celebrity does just 1 thing wrong they can't be forgiven unless something extraordinary happens - for example, Jade Goody
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Loves SJ Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Yea, like Vault said, when she first came back from Beijing, everyone and business loved her, I mean she was on TV almost everyday on a different TV show.

But now, it did die down dramatically.

American Olympians are loved and put in the spotlight for the 2 weeks they are at the Olympics and for about 2-3 weeks after the Olympics.

Perfect example: Michael Phelps, he was the biggest headline during August and September, now you hardly ever hear about him same with Shawn, but we hear news about her because we are huge fans.
Kyle Loves SJ
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:00 am

TBH, her agent hasn't impressed me.
For the life of me, I cannot understand why an Iowan all-American girl like Shawn is not now THE face of Kellogs. Anyone would think Iowa grew no corn Razz

Ans what about any of the cosmetics companies? SURELY young American girls would buy stuff Shawn endorsed............and Shawn has almost perfect skin, look at some of the wallpapers, in close-up you can see every tiny hair, and there just aren't any blemishes, apart from a few ultra-cute freckles.

I dunno. Maybe Shawn's not that bothered...................
alcazar
alcazar
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 am

I don't think her agent is the best but she's got her some pretty good endorsements like Coke and McDonalds but I agree that missing out on Kellogs and the Wheaties box is bad. I guess for now Shawn just wants to get back to studying and making a few appearances
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:55 am

Her agent hasn't impressed me either, but she does have several good endorsements. Also, she needs to get on the Wheaties box so I can buy that, lol
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:44 pm

The Wheaties box would be great but I think Nastia got that
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:19 pm

The Wheaties box would be nice, because I didn't get the cheerios box lol.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm

the wheaties box has been traditionally reserved for the winner of the all around competition = nastia
i remember shawn's agent saying how she was going to be on it, which honestly didn't make sense when you think about the precedent of the post olympic wheaties box.
kp1089
kp1089
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:24 pm

True, but would still be nice to be able to get something with a pic of her on it without having to order it online lol.
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 pm

lol that's true, I'd love something that you could get outside of the US too lol
Scrawney
Scrawney
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Loves SJ Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Naa. She needs to be on the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Box!! or Frosted Flakes!!
Kyle Loves SJ
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 pm

I never got the Cheerios box, either. Crying or Very sad but if she does make it on the Wheaties box, they best not being selling it only at Hy-Vee stores or else they're gonna have a riot on their hands!
Vault
Vault
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Did the Cheerios box ever actually make it out? I heard it was going to be available online, along with the book, but never saw it. Oh well.
White Knight
White Knight
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  David K Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 am

They'd better not be selling anymore Shawn stuff just on Hy-vee. Mad
David K
David K
junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next