DID Shawn go back to school?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: DID Shawn go back to school?

Post  alcazar on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Brad wrote:
alcazar wrote:
Brad wrote:hey i play soccer too, so that makes like 100 of us! lol. we placed 2nd in the state of Illinois this year (high school). But, European futbol is soooooo much better than american soccer. I'm sure you would all agree with me on that.

Soooooooooooooo that would be why the USA U20 ladies won their world cup in 2008, and the U17's were second, would it? LOL

Meghan Klingenberg rocks! She just totally RULES the left side of defence, and is 5'3" !!!!!!!!!

- yea i am talkin U.S. men's soccer tho. they are not as good as European men's futbol

Wel lno................not YET.
Could have something to do with the percentage of American boys who seem to prefer that strange game YOU call football................sort of like rugby, with loads of stops for a rest, and loads of padding. LOL

Before anyone goes off on one, I'm pulling your legs, OK? You wouldn't get me out there even without a dodgy knee Wink
alcazar
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 pm

That could be a stumbling block but I'm sure the power of FIFA's lawyers can do something about it Razz
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Kyle Loves SJ wrote:
kp1089 wrote:kyle that is awesome! there are a lot of people who refuse to shoot with their "weaker" foot, so you are a double threat! you are gonna be harder to defend than someone who only uses their strong foot

i was watching an epl game, and then after they showed the mls cup on espn, and you could easily see the difference in calibre of the players and teams as a whole. european soccer>north american soccer.

Thank you, and your from Philly. Holy ****!!

Do you play club?

i use to but i had to retire cus i started college (love college!!!). i play rec but it isn't the same. i was seriously addicted to playing, couldnt go a day without it. now i play other sports like pong...lol. New Jersey?? Region I ODP represent!!

and ive played against some national players, wasnt that impressed. they played on ridiculously good club teams though, so they had huge reps and lots of experience.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Loves SJ on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:59 pm

^^ Nice. Where in Philadelphia?
Kyle Loves SJ
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Philadelphia seems like a nice place. My parents have friends over there and they love it and I know a couple of girls from there and they said it's great too
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:20 pm

^^^Philadelphia is a city where there is tons of things to do: clubbing, bars, shopping, parks, historical places, concerts, great restaurants, pro sports teams... it has everything you could want. like every big city there are some places that aren't really safe, but there isn't a reason why you'd would want to go to those areas. i like it! it's hard to get bored with all the things you can do.

i don't live there anymore cus i'm at college but i lived right outside philadelphia. i always tell people i meet i'm from right outside philly cus everyone knows where it is, like when i travel out of state. i was jealous of all my friends who went to school in philly cus they were there for the world series riots and parades.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Made me like Philadelphia even more now Very Happy. I'll hopefully get to check it out one day
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

^^you should!! the historical part of the city is amazing, but i love history so i'm a little bias. it's not as clean as other cities cus it's generally considered an older city. if you go somewhere like atlanta, a newer city, you can tell the difference. in 2007 they got a bad rep with the crime/murder rate but it's getting better. it's by no means perfect, but it's awesome when you're the right age to do everything.

plus it's got a dave & buster's so that's a huge plus
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Ah a fellow history fan Very Happy From what I've seen and read it is a vibrant city and definately something I should visit. They had a documentary on over here last year that showed the crime in Philly but from what I could make out it was no worse than in any major city, I mean everywhere has its bad parts and I'll just avoid those areas of town
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:45 pm

you like history? then you have to come to philly!!

and i see you are from england. i want to go over to england at some point. i like european history and figured it's a good place to start, plus i could catch a liverpool game. it's a win-win.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:02 pm

I love Philly. I have family up there. It's where a lot of my family is from. It's just a great city, after all it is the "City of Brotherly Love". Plus all the great history landmarks are awesome to see.
Vault
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:05 pm

I think for my 2nd year at college I get to study in America so I'll definately take a trip down to Philly and use it as research seeing as I am doing a history degree Very Happy
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Scrawney wrote:I think for my 2nd year at college I get to study in America so I'll definately take a trip down to Philly and use it as research seeing as I am doing a history degree Very Happy

That is really impressive!! Studying abroad is going to be amazing and I'm sure you will find a bunch of cool stuff in philly. I'm studying international business, so it's a requirement to study abroad and i am not complaining!!! it's just a matter of where for me.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 pm

I am really happy that I get to study abroad and especially in America. I think it's because for our 2nd year we focus on American History and black history.

If you're doing international business I'd go somewhere that is either growing rapidly as an economy, e.g Dubai, Bahrain or somewhere well established already, e.g Europe
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:36 pm

i was thinking about going dubai, my friend told me all about it cus he plans on going there. another requirement is that i study a language, so i was considering a minor in spanish (i took it in high school) along with italian or arabic. i think arabic would be really hard but worth it, especially if i want to go to dubai.
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 pm

I would really love to go to Rome. I took Latin for 6 years. I would love to go there and see things that I've read and translated.
Vault
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:42 pm

That sounds good, arabic sounds hard but at school I learnt a bit on World Languages Day. Ab means father - see you're learning already
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm

haha yep. thanks to you and your awesome teaching skillz i am confident that i can take on minoring in arabic. i owe you Very Happy
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Lol no problem oh and Vault I went to Florence (not quite Rome but still a hugely cutural part of Italy) and it was really amazing, Latin would really come in handy there
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dallascowboy76 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:34 pm

probably important to know your roman numerals if you're going to rome Cool man i'd love to go there
dallascowboy76
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kp1089 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:44 pm

yeah rome would be sooo amazing
kp1089
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alcazar on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Latin? Try this:
Refulget labores nostros coelum.
It's out town motto, steeltown, if that helps you to understand.
alcazar
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3