New interview

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: New interview

Post  Brad on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 pm

wow very interesting but it makes me mad. China is gay. Shawn would be 20 times better looking than any of the Chinese gymnasts even if she weighed 300 pounds. She is beautiful, they are all just jealous.
Brad
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Surprised how dare they? That's actually made me mad! They clearly don't know what they're talking about and should go back to entering underage girls into competitions
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vault on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Scrawney, that made me mad, too. Like, I'm sorta pissed. (Sorry if that offends anyone. Neutral ) But it's true.

She's still as adorable as ever. Also, what do they know? The watch one event where she's rusty because she hasn't had chance to train because of the tour and other special appearances all around the US. It was also holiday season, and honestly who wants to work during the holidays? Just because we're proud of our athletes and have doing ads and appearances for us, doesn't make them awful. Maybe the Chinese girls didn't have a tour. Maybe they could have been training all this time. But we love our athletes and are proud to show them off, no matter how rusty they may be after 5 months without constant training. They're gonna be regretting ever writing that in 3 1/2 years.
Vault
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  White Knight on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Obviously people are just jealous of her. First off it was a show for entertainment, she wasn't competing, so why should she even worry about being perfect? She probably just wants to put on a good show.

Secondly, being fat? LOL. Maybe she isn't in "Olympic" shape at the moment, but she still is in great shape. I mean there is hardly any girls with her body type "short and muscular". Sometimes she looks a little bigger, but I think it is pretty deceiving and depends a lot on what she is wearing. Trust me, when I saw her, which was only a month before this, she was really really small and tiny in person. Certainly not fat at all.

So that whole article is just funny to me.
White Knight
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I agree with both of you, I mean I know over there they probably train their girls for like 12 hours a day, everyday but that's because the government wants to acheive success for China and not for the girls themselves. Also, Shawn isn't going to be an Olympic gymnast forever so she'll want some great memories of her time in professional gymnastics
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David K on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 pm

One of the perks of living in the U.S. lol, we love our athletes and even those from other countries enough to show them the respect they deserve for putting so much effort into what they do.
David K
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm

That's true, I think we're more like that than other countries. The Australians couldn't handle that the UK finished above them on the medal table so criticised our athletes despite the fact we thought they'd had some great performances
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 am

We USA'ers aren't the only ones who respect other countries athletes. There's tons of people who have respect for Shawn and many other athletes from our country.

Godfather
Chow

View user profile http://godfatherart.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrawney on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:28 am

That's true but I posted a comment on youtube other day and just because I mentioned England someone tried to say that we bringing down Europe and were basically second class citizens
Scrawney
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David K on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:30 pm

I wasn't saying there arn't alot of people from other countries who respect the athletes, but we do less of the bashing....I've seen it alot on other forums.
David K
junior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7